Old 05-24-2011, 06:59 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Default Love my Maxum!

I have owned this boat (2000 1900 SC) for about a year and I decided to get my mechanic to change all the bellows and gimble bearing. I took it for a test drive and ran into some issues with the dist cap and rotor. After he replaced it everything is great. I might change out all the spark plugs and next winter I will put new belts on the engine. The PO took good care of it. I am pampering it. I replaced a missing boarding ladder and added an after market bimini, both are great!

Hostage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:19 AM   #2
Lt. Commander

Good for you! I share the same feelings about mine - and I pamper the boat too. Take care of the boat and it will take care of me is the way I look at it!

Enjoy!

New Boat 8/13/11: Chaparral 206SSI with 5.0 VP GXI SX
Prior Boat: 2008 Maxum 1900SR3, 4.3L V6 190HP, Alpha 1 (great boat)
2010 Ford 150 XLT Super Crew 5.4L V-8, tow package
2008 Infiniti G-35
Brianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #3
Ensign

hey there hostage
im new to the forum and i have just purchased a new to me 2001 1900sr and it is also missing the ladder and wanted to ask you where you got your ladder from as i am have a hard time finding the correct one that comes on the boat from the factory any help with this issue would be appreciated thanks
Pookie21879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:56 AM   #4
Ensign

Default YES i love it too and just got it

hi guys,

I also bought this boat a few weeks ago. I think it looks real good. It needed a little maintenance and most of it is done by now. I only took it out once until now but i have the feeling i might need some trim tabs. Because of the pretty high nose you loose sight when accelerating untill the boat will get into plane. Do you guys have any trim tabs on the boat to keep it more nose down?
And i also find the boat pretty jumpy while in plane if you trim it up more than minimum. maybe that will be less also with some tabs on?

And i also thought that it would go more in a straight line while not in plane. but without touching the steering wheel in fwd the boat will yaw constantly. is this normal?

beside al that i love the boat. a lot of handy stuff like the fold out table on the engine cover. and the nice molded steps.

Greetings Eric
dexter is offline   Reply With Quote