Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Boats
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-13-2020, 05:21 PM   #1
Ensign

Default I need a swim platform (1984 - 1995)

Part # 55895 swim platform was used on Maxums, Bayliners and Trophy boats from about 1984 through 1995 (I think).
Can anyone direct me to someone who would have a 55895 swim platform?
(I do not need any of the hardware, just the main platform molded plastic part).
Thanks for your help!!!

coloradokev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 09:28 PM   #2
Ensign

I have pictures of the single-person swim platform but can't figure how to attach a pic

Old 06-26-2020, 02:09 PM   #3

https://www.maxumownersclub.com/foru...ures-7385.html

What is the year, make and model of the boat? A swim platform is going to be a tough find. You might get lucky at a marine salvage yard.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 02:58 PM   #4
Ensign

It's a 1989 Maxum 2000SR (bow rider). This swim platform is very common and used on Maxum, Bayliner and Trophy from about 1984 through 1995. I found one at a marine salvage yard but is was too deteriorated and had two cracks in it. Maxums were made in Everet WA at the Bayliner factory. Maybe I should try to find a boat salvage yard in that area of the country to have better luck finding one?? It would be really cool to find the company that supplied this injection molded plastic part as they might have the original mold in their archive storage.
Still can't figure out how to attach a pic in this thread, but can send one via email
Old 06-26-2020, 03:01 PM   #5
Ensign

here is a link that has a drawing of the swim platform
http://www.baylinerparts.com/1994/capri/1600ct94.pdf
Old 06-27-2020, 04:33 PM   #6
Ensign

Here are pics
Attached Thumbnails
Swim platf top.jpg   Swim platf edge.jpg   Swim platf bottom.jpg   Swim platform btm rail holes.jpg  
Old 06-29-2020, 01:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradokev View Post
It's a 1989 Maxum 2000SR (bow rider). This swim platform is very common and used on Maxum, Bayliner and Trophy from about 1984 through 1995. I found one at a marine salvage yard but is was too deteriorated and had two cracks in it. Maxums were made in Everet WA at the Bayliner factory. Maybe I should try to find a boat salvage yard in that area of the country to have better luck finding one?? It would be really cool to find the company that supplied this injection molded plastic part as they might have the original mold in their archive storage.
Those models were fairly common around the country. What is uncommon is to find them parted out. Either they are still attached to the boat, or the boats from that area are junked. There isn't a ton of scrapping. The logistics and space is simply significant to have parts for a large enough quantity of boats. It takes a long time to find the person looking for that one obscure part from a 30 year old boat, of a specific make and model. It requires a ton of space and capital tied up in parts boats sitting around. It's why you find so few boat scrap yards around. Even when you do, it's like a needle in a haystack to find that one windshield or swim platform....in decent condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradokev View Post
Still can't figure out how to attach a pic in this thread, but can send one via email
I posted a link to thread that discusses how to post pics. Here it is again:

https://www.maxumownersclub.com/foru...ures-7385.html

You might need to get your post count up before you can post a pic. I think you need 5-10 posts.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote