Old 07-02-2019, 02:18 PM   #1
Ensign

Default 2009 sr3 1900

This is my first boat and first season with this boat. Loving it so far but have a couple questions. My gas gauge is bouncing all when im on the water. It can go anywhere from 3/4 of a tank down to 1/4 tank for example when I know that i have about 1/2 a tank, then just bounce back back and forth the whole time. The dealership i bought it from told me that this is common however others I know that have a boat say there gauge never moves. Is this common? Also it is taking me 5-8 turn overs for the boat to start up. I was explained that on a carb engine you need to prime it a few times to put gas on the carb for it to start. Which makes sense to me, i guess i just didnt expect a 2009 to have a carb on it still. Does anyone know if these models still have carbs or if my dealer is pulling me chain? thanks for your time.

Garand114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 02:45 PM   #2
Admiral

Common for the fuel gauge to bounce with half a tank. Rougher seas and it will bounce more. You did not say what engine you have but yes carburetors were used well into the 2000’s. Although fuel injection was available as an option. Do you have a regular carb with a choke or a TKS that uses an enrichment circuit?

Remove flame arrestor and if choke style there will be a butterfly plate on top.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote