Old 06-18-2013, 05:40 AM   #1
Lt. JG

Default 2005 Maxum 1800 SR3 High Five Prop?

I have a 05 Maxum 1800 SR3 with a 4.3L in it and was looking at getting a new prop that will help it plane out quicker and hold it planed at slower cruising speeds. I was wondering What High 5 prop to go with since that seems to be the only prop I see other then the stock prop that everybody swears by with this boat. Any advice and experiences shared would be very appreciated. What size and pitch?

maczilla23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #2
Commander

Mac,
In my opinion, you can get a better result with smart tabs for 1/4 the cost of a high 5 prop. If your location is Loon Lake, NY, I will have my '00 1900 SR with smart tabs installed on Schroon Lake next week. Drop me a PM if you want to see them and how they perform.

-JP

CountryME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:41 PM   #3
Lt. JG

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryME View Post
Mac,
In my opinion, you can get a better result with smart tabs for 1/4 the cost of a high 5 prop. If your location is Loon Lake, NY, I will have my '00 1900 SR with smart tabs installed on Schroon Lake next week. Drop me a PM if you want to see them and how they perform.

-JP
Naw its Loon Lake WA. Do Smart Tabs take away from performance any? How hard are they to install? Thanks for the info!
Old 06-18-2013, 10:59 PM   #4
Commander

I've noticed nothing but an improvement in performance. Faster on plane, better hole shot, no porpoising and seems to get better fuel economy. I installed the 80# smart tab SX ones on my boat. Very easy to install, but it's always mentally hard to drill holes below the water line.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:05 PM   #5
Lt. JG

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryME View Post
I've noticed nothing but an improvement in performance. Faster on plane, better hole shot, no porpoising and seems to get better fuel economy. I installed the 80# smart tab SX ones on my boat. Very easy to install, but it's always mentally hard to drill holes below the water line.
Yuk on the drilling holes. No leaks? That makes me nervous.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
Old 06-19-2013, 02:03 AM   #6
Commander

No leaks for over 2 years. Filled the holes with good sealant before driving home the screws. If you search the forum you will find several other members who have added these with pictures.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:59 AM   #7
Lt. JG

Still a bit nerv racking. Ill have to look into that. That may be the best option for sure!
Old 06-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #8
Lt. JG

What pitch of prop are you wanting? I have a 17p high five that I might be willing to sale.
cashone05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:11 AM   #9
Lt. JG

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashone05 View Post
What pitch of prop are you wanting? I have a 17p high five that I might be willing to sale.
Honestly im not sure. What boat do you have? Im not sure what the best Pitch for my boat is. I would be interested in it if its what I need?