Old 05-01-2011, 04:49 PM   #1
Lt. Commander

Default 1999 1900sr Rub rail insert

Anybody know what size the insert is? I looked up the part on customercare but it just says half inch which is refering to the depth I think. I may want to replace mine but don't want to buy the oem when an aftermarket will do for less cash. Plus I may just go with a black insert if I am able to paint the black stripes on the boat this week. Any tips on replacing the insert, suggestions on types/brands etc. The metal rubrail is in pretty good shape far as I can tell so I am leaving it and just replacing the insert. Thanks.

dsbunton646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:01 AM   #2
Lt. JG

gonna follow along on this one, i have a '97 1900 SR2 that needs a new rub rail also...

jkcoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:23 PM   #3
Lt. Commander

I contacted a bayliner dealer in Orlando and they quoted me $0.79 a foot for the original (plus shipping). BMC boats was the dealer if your interested. Mine is tan and that is what the o.e.m quote was for. The price is good, but I may need it in black depending on where this boat makeover takes me. Dealer said she could get me one in black, but she would need to see the old one first to make sure she ordered the right aftermarket part because there are so many different styles/sizes. I sent taco marine an email to try and get the correct replacement number for their insert but have not heard anything yet. If I do, I will let you know.
dsbunton646 is offline   Reply With Quote