Old 08-30-2021, 10:12 PM   #1
Ensign

Default 1997 Maxum SR 1900 Cover

So I have a 19' Maxum 1900 SR boat and I am struggling finding a cover that fits it correctly. A bit of a setup, I have my boat in a slip for most of the summer and the covers I get are usually too big so I have to use extra tie downs to keep it in place when not in use during the week. As we all know, that doesn't work perfectly especially if it is windy or it is a busy day at the lake that causes a lot of wakes and waves. I am seeing if anyone has suggestions for a boat cover that is no more than $200-$250 USD that will stay on the boat without requiring extra tie downs and something I can put on the boat when hauling it. If I am hauling it, I am okay with using hull straps to keep it secure. Just not trying to break the bank on a custom cover. TIA

zeek310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 03:38 PM   #2
Lt. Commander

Maybe if the cover extends far enough you can install some snaps under the rub rail and match them up on the cover, then take up the sag with tent poles?

I run a 202 Crownline that came with a generic bowrider cover, had the same problem. I ended up getting a custom cover that snaps under the rub rail, but didn't think of retrofitting the generic cover with some snaps first - had I thought of it I might have tried it, but I hated the color of that cover anyway (it was an awful blue and looked silly on the boat, which is bright red).

Old 08-31-2021, 04:07 PM   #3
Ensign

I have the original snap cover. I am just not a big fan of them. They are a bit cumbersome being on my knees trying to snap it in place on the dock. They take longer to put on then just throwing a cover on. If you're one snap off, you don't notice it until you're almost done and that happens a lot especially when its getting dark. The other thing that I have always ran into is the snaps get damaged and then you can't secure that part of the cover. About half of the snaps on the bow I have replaced to only be damaged relatively quickly.
zeek310 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1900sr, cover