Old 01-11-2014, 06:35 AM   #1
Lieutenant

Default Swimplatform installation

Installing aftermarket swim platform from swimplatforms.com on my 2000 Maxum 2400 SCR. I'm very sure some of you out there with the same boat have done this before. After I drilled the nine holes and dropped the 5/16 2 1/2 allen head bolts from the top, my question is, how you reach the farthest bolt on the port side in the engine compartment to secure the bolt with washer and locknut? I can reach all eight but not this one. You must be a contortionist to reach this one. Please share your experience who have done this before. Thank you.

Ben Cruz

cruz'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:42 PM   #2
Lieutenant

I bought the same one for the same boat. I added tape to the nut and jammed the nut into a ratcheting combination wrench. I "glued" the flat washer to the nut using 3M weatherstrip adhesive. It took some luck but I got it. For me the starboard one was worse. I used a s/s nylon locking nut to avoid the lock washer. Good luck.

SRPATTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:15 PM   #3
Lt. JG

contortionist you got it. It's the best thing you can add to your boat. Enjoy!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
P6230032.jpg   P7180087.jpg  
BDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:45 PM   #4
Lieutenant

Thank you SRPATTON, I will try that. I will use extendable handle ratchet. For me starboard side is easy, I can squeeze my self and be able to sit down right next to the engine and waste holding tank, extend my arm and be able to reach all five bolts. They all come with s/s nylon locknut. Swim platform looks good and can't wait for next boating season, and I'm sure you enjoy yours.
cruz'r is offline   Reply With Quote