Old 09-07-2011, 11:04 PM   #1
Lieutenant

Default replacing the ac unit

I need to replace the main ac unit that is under the sofa of my 1998 37 SCR has anyone removed one be fore please help

William Ferrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:56 PM   #2
Lieutenant

Default air con removal

Hi William
I removed the a/c out from my 3000scr 1998 it’s a (Marine Air Systems) and it may be the same unit as yours
First turn off the circuit breaker to the a/c and shut the sea cock. when you look at the a/c you should see 2 x black water hoses one is the delivery and the other is the discharge remove then .I used a short pipe and clamped them together to stop any leaking .there should be a drain hose on the spill tray ,pull that off, also remove the ss brackets that hold the tray down you will see a control box in there probable screwed to the side ,When you remove the cover to the control box the wiring schematics are on the inside of the cover and the terminale are marked to indicate what is connected to them . The ones you need to disconnect is the supply cable (tape them up separately), pump cable and the control cable witch looks like a phone line. This cable (control cable) has a plug on it so just unplug it. they are the only cables you need to remove the rest will come out with the a/c unit unscrew the control box so it can come out with the a/c unit .As far as the air duct goes I unscrewed the flange away from the fan motor housing (it’s about 6” square plate with 4 screws. It now should be ready to lift out .You don’t have to worry about any cfc /refrigerant it’s a self contained unit.
I hope this may help you out
Tony

TonyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:22 PM   #3
Lieutenant

Tony

I was trying to figure out how to remove the sofa because to hole to survice theis unit is too small for the unit to fit throgh. Did you have to remove that side of the sofa
Old 09-12-2011, 01:20 PM   #4
Lieutenant

Hi william with my 1998 3000scr the air con unit is under the forward bed ,I just lift the materass and lift the hatch and there it is with lots of space to remove it. not shore about your configeration with the sofer on your 37scr. there must be a way of getting it out without to much trouble.
TonyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:42 AM   #5
Commander

William, sorry I can't be of any help today but I will make a note to look at mine this weekend. I was just in there cleaning the AC coils a couple weeks ago and din't pay any attention. Just guessing, is the dinette seat cushion base screwed up from underneath?
dronthelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:08 AM   #6
Lieutenant

Can not find any screws at all. Thought about removing the back of the sofa but again no screws to locate. Think God I have a second unit under the forward bed to use the heat cycle for the rest of this year
Old 06-20-2015, 01:25 PM   #7
Ensign

I know this is a old thread but did you find out how to take apart the sofa..I need to replace my a/c
Rsixpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 05:28 PM   #8
Lt. JG

Does anyone know how to take apart the dinette? I have a 3700SCR and need to replace the A.C. Unit. As everyone else on this thread noted - there are no screws...
I really do not want to start breaking stuff!

Dhalter is offline   Reply With Quote