Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Projects and Customisations
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-06-2021, 05:22 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Remove bow area back cushions? 2005 SR3 1800

I'm attempting to remove the forward back cushions from my 2005 SR3 and understand that they can be removed by applying pressure underneath. I've done that and have pounded with a block and hammer with no success. Any suggestions?

Wallsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 10:22 PM   #2
Ensign

Default I[ll now answer my own question

The six different seat back pieces are each held on by a combination of hangers and screws. One would think that the hangers, which are attached through a cutout in the back of the cushion, would have been for the purpose of allowing easy removal of the cushion. However, the screws totally restrict that inasmuch as it seems obvious that the cushions and the screws were assembled before the inside wall of the boat was fastened to the hull during the manufacturing process. There is no way humanly possible to remove the screws without damaging something in the process. But, in my case I believe, I will be able to repair the slight damage to each screw hole in the fiberglass and, since my newly covered cusions will cover it all up, it will be fine. I have no intention of putting screws into anything I'm doing. I plan to use velcro instead if anything at all is needed in addition to the hangers which seem to be perfectly good.

I trust that this information might be of interest to Bayliner and Sea Ray owners as well.

Wallsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 05:14 PM   #3
Ensign

Default Same issue

I have found that almost all of the cushions have screws in them along the outside seams. Looks like they just hung the cushions and screwed at the edge or in a seam where you would not normally look.
maxum1800SR3 is offline   Reply With Quote