Old 06-24-2011, 03:55 PM   #1
Lt. Commander

Default Polyglow Project

In anticipation of this project I'm going to take some before and after photo's.

But really I just wanted to throw this out there. Bella will like this.

I ordered the Polyglow on Wednesday night at about 10pm. I got an order confirmation yesterday and emailed them back stating that I was curious about shipping time as I know it was a late order but wanted it next week for the project. I also noted that I would pay extra for expidited processing and shipping if they could do that.

I recieved an email back five minutes later saying it wasn't necessary. The order was already boxed and going out in USPS that day and even gave me a tracking number.

Checked the tracking number just now and it's scheduled to arrive from Orlando to Kansas TOMORROW.

WOW-if there product is as good as their customer service I'll buy stock.

tackleshep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:37 PM   #2

Thumbs up Build a better Mouse trap and the world will beat a path to your door...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by tackleshep View Post
In anticipation of this project I'm going to take some before and after photo's.

But really I just wanted to throw this out there. Bella will like this.

WOW-if there product is as good as their customer service I'll buy stock.
My experience ws the same, when I had questions they were right there with answers from their Tech's.

Great Company to work with and their products WORK!!

Bella Sera 3300SCR

Bella Sera 3300SCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 06:17 AM   #3
Lt. Commander

Location: Liberty Lake, WA... moored on Beautiful Coeur D' Alene Lake, ID

What the heck is PolyGlow?!
Old 06-25-2011, 06:21 AM   #4
Lt. Commander

Location: Liberty Lake, WA... moored on Beautiful Coeur D' Alene Lake, ID

Nevermind, I just googled it... looks like pretty cool stuff!
Old 06-25-2011, 03:55 PM   #5

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmeans View Post
Nevermind, I just googled it... looks like pretty cool stuff!
this explains it all Jeff - http://www.maxumownersclub.com/forum...xing-has-begun

Ridding the world from the scurge of buffers! one boat at a time.........

Bella Sera 3300SCR
Old 06-25-2011, 07:50 PM   #6
Lt. Commander

I am tempted to try this stuff but being a hobby detailer really cant get it into my head that its any good (although everything i have read says otherwise) I find it hard to believe that there is nothing like it for the auto world. Would so much money be spent of developing waxes and polishes if one product can do it all?

I think what bothers me about it is that its almost like putting are varnish over everything, sure it will look great as long as the prep is done, but i wouldnt trust it unless i had given the boat a good machine polish, then it would look great and i would want wax and not some film of 'varnish' if you know what i mean?
Warpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:34 AM   #7
Lt. Commander

Warpa,

While I share your concerns I think the tremendous difference here is the application of fiberglass vs. clearcoat over metal cars. The literature "claims" that the reason it works is because over time the sun and UV rays pit or slowly damage fiberglass. It's the lack of reflection due to these pits that give boats or other fiber a hazed or dull appearance. (all of which is true) much like way the claim for Poliglow is that the first two or three layers actually fills or soaks into these pits and then a final layer that would be more like a varnish.

From everything I can read and tell that prep is more important than the actual application. It says all over the bottles that this is going to seal any flaws so your right. The problem with machine polishing or putting rubbing compound is that you would then need to make sure everybit of it is gone before the application.

I'm wagering a little over $100 and god knows the hours on this process. If it's as good as wax I'll probably be happy but hoping for a little more. I'll keep you posted we all know Bella "drank the koolaide - and might be recieving a royalty for each sale" I on the other hand mearly have a stock 3300 and don't have the sponsorship power of the Bella Serra so I'll shoot it straight.

Later
Old 06-26-2011, 02:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Warpa,

we all know Bella "drank the koolaide - and might be recieving a royalty for each sale" I on the other hand mearly have a stock 3300 and don't have the sponsorship power of the Bella Serra so I'll shoot it straight.

Later
I wish! in the mean time Warpa1, better get a drool bucket.......
Bella Sera 3300SCR
P.S. Poliglow is not recommended for cars, again just follow the directions and you can't go wrong. and WOW!.... I have sponsorship Power!!??:-)

Old 06-26-2011, 03:51 PM   #9
Lt. Commander

Bella if you read this today I noticed that you trailer your boat . Do you have a front eye or what do you use to tie down the bow when you pull it out of the water . I do not have a front eyelet and I was wondering what you used for a tie down point
Old 06-26-2011, 04:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Bella if you read this today I noticed that you trailer your boat . Do you have a front eye or what do you use to tie down the bow when you pull it out of the water . I do not have a front eyelet and I was wondering what you used for a tie down point
w'Sup, tackleshep,

Its hard to see in that picture but my trailer is a Boatmaster tripple axle all aluminum Gooseneck style hitch like a fifthwheel.(not a bumper mount hitch) the top of the gooseneck has a cable winch on it. I simply thread the cable through the bow pulpit anchor roller then to the mooring bit cleat in the center of the fordeck (shown in the 2nd pic.) then just winch it snug and let the 05' Turbo Diesel Super Duty Ford Dually spool up and yanker' out. I think youl find over 30'er's lose the tow eye. I don't know exactly why, maybe they think slings lifting is the most probable method of splashing a boat as big as the 3300-

Bella Sera 3300SCR
Old 06-28-2011, 08:13 PM   #11
Lt. Commander

maybe ill give it a go, im no stranger to prep work and removing all trace of wax and oil (plenty of isobutal alcohol here for my detailing) may need a spell check on that Mine looks ok but needs to be done twice a year BUT does dull in between.

This is what it looked like when i bought it about 18 months ago

After a machine polish

Detailed the leg too

Just need to get some nice pics of it where it belongs...the water!

Warpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:03 PM   #12
Lieutenant

A few words about Poli-glow...First, it's beautiful. My experience with it is that on the sides of the boat it looks great, but on my radar arch, it looks crappy...possibly because the makeup of the gelcoat is different than the boat itself. Same experience on the back of the boat...Sides, port and starboard, upper and lower, gorgeous....radar arch and back, not so much. Also, watch it carefully around decals and snaps, any excess will drip and run...and then dry, not so nice.

SummerBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote