Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Projects and Customisations
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-23-2012, 12:16 AM   #1
Lt. Commander

Default Pinstripe color for 2002 2900 SCR?

I recently took off the sticker pin striping all around my hull. Now I'm left with the original hull champagne colored stripe. This champagne color gel coat is also used near the cockpit. The gel coat stripe has some flaws which I'd like to touch up. I have a custom paint store that could mix the color to fit but they require more specific info. Does anyone know the paint/gel coat number for the champagne color? I'll call Maxum tomorrow for help...

Capt Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:11 PM   #2
Lt. Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Al View Post
I recently took off the sticker pin striping all around my hull. Now I'm left with the original hull champagne colored stripe. This champagne color gel coat is also used near the cockpit. The gel coat stripe has some flaws which I'd like to touch up. I have a custom paint store that could mix the color to fit but they require more specific info. Does anyone know the paint/gel coat number for the champagne color? I'll call Maxum tomorrow for help...
Any tips on removing the sticker pin striping?

dbriceno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:34 AM   #3
Lt. Commander

Yes, use the Astro pneumatic 400 E smart eraser. It fits on any standard drill. It's much better than a razor blade and heat gun. You'll need the 3/8 Arbor to make it fit on your drill. I bought it at a local auto paint store, eraser and arbor were $18. Depending on how much your taking off you my need a few pads $11 each. You can order it on Amazon too. I resolved my gel coat paint issue. Spectrum color makes the gel coat but for a cheaper local solution I brought a color sample to a local custom paint store and they matched it. Good luck....
Old 04-24-2012, 07:22 PM   #4
Lt. Commander

Use a hair dryer for the safest quickest and easiest way

Warpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:49 AM   #5
Lt. Commander

I tried the hair dryer first. Didn't work because my pin striping was in poor condition(which is why I took it off). The hair dryer is effective if the pin striping is intact and in decent shape like the one in your picture....
Old 04-25-2012, 08:21 PM   #6
Lt. Commander

That was just an example of a work in motion type pic. mine were not in too bad a shape, but even the smallest mark messes up the look, after removing them all i found the lines of the boat far better looking after a wet sand and polish, new maxum graphics to top it all off.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:22 PM   #7
Lt. Commander

Always leaves my 4th image out

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/197/004pw.jpg/