Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Projects and Customisations
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-13-2020, 12:24 AM   #1
Lt. JG

Default Maxum sun lounge hardware

Hey everyone,
This summer I purchased my very first boat, a 2003 maxim 3300 SCR. Love it, used it a couple times on my lake and even camped out on it once or twice already. I am in the proscess of fixing odds and ends on the boat which brings me here because I am stumped. I have a sun lounge, basically just a seat that faces forward and backward and it will slide and fold down to a big lounge area. My problem is whenever anyone sits in the seats on either side it slides back and forward. Looking at it it seems to be there was maybe a locking piece or something on the side that would prevent this but having nothing left of it its God me stumped. Anyone else have this kind of seat and can shed some light on what I need to purchase and or build to keep this seat stationary? Any help would be appreciated
Attached Thumbnails
20200512_201700.jpg   20200512_201708.jpg   20200512_201721.jpg  

Wkbrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 03:18 AM   #2
Lt. Commander

Part # is 1701807. This is the slide bracket for the sleeper seat. For other info go to Maxum Customer Carehttp://www.maxumcustomercare.com/ and check it out. Go to parts catalog/year/sportcruiser/3300SE. Hope you can find it. Oh yeah your pics are upside down.

Old 05-13-2020, 03:23 AM   #3
Lt. Commander

I have a 3200scr and I can take a pic of it so you can see what it is you need. From what I see you are missing the piece that locks the two slides together.
Old 05-13-2020, 01:53 PM   #4
Lt. JG

Mike thank you for the info! I have tried going to that page before but on my phone, tablet and even laptop it comes up with puzzle piece and doesnt go any farther. If I had a general idea, a picture of what I need I'm certain I can find one or make one. It is a little aggravating cruising down the lake and half way my passenger is laying flat on a bed. Haha A picture would be a HUGE help, also do you know how to edit the pictures to rotate them on here? I just noticed that, i need to fix it asap
Old 05-13-2020, 02:02 PM   #5
Lt. Commander

The puzzle piece is for Adobe flash. Click on it and it should pop up saying allow once. Click on it and it will take you to the next page. I may be headed to the marina today, if so I'll send you the picture.
Old 05-13-2020, 05:29 PM   #6
Lt. Commander

I'm guessing yours is the same as my 2400scr or very similar based upon your pictures and what Mike said. I have a black knobbed bolt essentially that just locks it into place. I bet if you can't find the oem part it's easily replaced with something else. I'll be on the boat this weekend if Mike doesn't get you a pic by then I can try to remember.
Old 05-13-2020, 08:40 PM   #7
Lt. Commander

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200513_161255.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	6154

Name:	20200513_161358.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	6155

Name:	20200513_161404.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	6156
mrt214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 01:22 AM   #8
Lt. JG

Those pictures showed me everything I need to see to make one, thank you so much for that, huge help. Think I am gonna make a trip to lowes and get a piece of metal, and use my handheld grinder to shape it up, doesnt look too hard to make. Love your color scheme of your upholstery, when I get mine redone this winter think I am gonna go with a grey color. Going to choose something that doesnt show dirt as bad
Old 05-14-2020, 01:23 AM   #9
Lt. JG

Thank you dustin07, he got the pictures, not to see what I can come up with! Get this project down and its onto the next. Everyone warned me a boat is an expensive hobby, everyone also said I will never be done with upgrades and fixes. They were right
Old 05-14-2020, 03:38 PM   #10
Lt. Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wkbrdr1 View Post
Thank you dustin07, he got the pictures, not to see what I can come up with! Get this project down and its onto the next. Everyone warned me a boat is an expensive hobby, everyone also said I will never be done with upgrades and fixes. They were right
I saw my last boat as an asset I needed to preserve to the best of my abilities. I babied it, bought it under priced and sold it 3 years later at a small profit with no personalization.

This boat, I see as a black hole in the water to throw cash. I will treat this one like my hotrod and not worry about how much it costs. If it needs repairs or maintenance I can't afford, I'll park it until I can fix it up but my fiance and I have shopped cabins for years and with real estate prices being out of reach for that, we're choosing the boat to be our frivolous thing. They are expensive but so are weekend trips to VRBOS ! this way you can just sleep on your boat in the sun
Old 05-20-2020, 01:36 AM   #11
Lt. JG

Dustin07 you sound alot like me, I get a goal of something i want to get for my boat and once i save up enough i get it, put it on and it's on to the next thing. My parents have a house on the lake where we live in NC, bought it 25 years ago. If they had to buy it at today's lake lot prices they couldnt afford it, I'll never be able to afford it. Our maxum gets me and my fiance out on the water on the weekends camping out and we take it out and haul it 4 miles to our home during the week. Works for us. I do have another question if anyone has any information and wants to chime in, what kind of fix have you guys came up with for the back seat that comes up to access the engine compartment? My seat has a fold down leg in the center to hold the weight but still slides out when someone sits on it. The only solution I can come up with is paint a piece of angle iron, bolt it to the fiberglass behind it with big washers on the backside and possibly use a latch on each side to keep the seat from sliding out?

Tags
maxum 3300, seat, sun lounge