Old 10-05-2015, 02:17 AM   #1
Lt. Commander

Default Fish On Sports Arch - Anyone?

I am about to pull the trigger on a radar arch from Fish On Sports and wanted to know if anyone has purchased an arch from them or has one on their boat. They look to be of good quality, machined welded and an excellent price.

Jr Uni Arch "Free Shipping"

They have pictures of the arch on a Maxum 2400 (shown below) and I think the height looks great. I am going to take the width measurement tomorrow at the shop and then order one.

Daleo56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 03:31 AM   #2
Admiral

Since they already made one I would think they already have the necessary measurements required unless you are changing it from the pictured one.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 02:30 PM   #3

User Profile says "Maxum 1900 SR" which is what it looks like in the avatar pic as well. I've never seen one on a runabout before. What is the problem you're trying to solve with an arch? Electronics, rod holders?
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 02:46 PM   #4
Lt. Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrew View Post
User Profile says "Maxum 1900 SR" which is what it looks like in the avatar pic as well. I've never seen one on a runabout before. What is the problem you're trying to solve with an arch? Electronics, rod holders?
I have a 1900 SR and just bought a 2400 SE. I want to get a radar system in the future for the 2400 and would like to mount it on the arch.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:15 PM   #5
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrew View Post
His avatar looks like a 2400 to me, oh wait he just changed it.

Mike
Old 10-05-2015, 04:39 PM   #6
Lt. Commander

Their arches are awesome, my buddy bought one for his Sea Ray and it looked great. Real easy to install and run cables through.
Timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 04:51 PM   #7
Lt. Commander

Thank you for the reference on the arch. This model is made to fold down easily if needed and I sure need it!

Old 10-05-2015, 05:00 PM   #8
Lt. Commander

Two screws and it folds like a champ. I was going to put one on my Sea Ray 230 weekender but I sold it and bought my 3200 instead
Timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 04:25 PM   #9
Lt. Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Two screws and it folds like a champ. I was going to put one on my Sea Ray 230 weekender but I sold it and bought my 3200 instead
Thank you for the info. I ordered the Jr Uni Arch last night for $679.95 with the radar pad. They sent me a shipping confirmation this morning. Very cool!

The pictures they have on their website are from their customers and I am confident the measurements are going to work. I should be able to get installation access by removing the speakers and then run cables through the center at a future time.

I will post pictures of the installation once I get the arch delivered.

Old 10-26-2015, 12:42 AM   #10
Lt. Commander

We started on the installation today of the junior arch. The packaging was great and every piece was individually wrapped and scratch free. The quality is awesome and the welds are very clean. We put it together and used a transmission jack to get it lined up. The mounting will cover part of the logo but if I want it to clear the bimini I have no other options.

Very happy with it so far. Will drill holes this week and post pictures of the finished installation next weekend.

Old 11-01-2015, 11:09 PM   #11
Lt. Commander

I finished up the arch this weekend and started mounting the electronics. I had an extra old Garmin 430 from the little boat I just sold so I bought an aluminum project box (for the arch wiring) and mounted it under the radar pad. I also moved the 8' antenna to the arch and started to plan for the wiring.

This week I still need to add 6.5" stereo speakers, VHF speaker, two LED lights and someday, when I get the money, the radar

Old 11-02-2015, 02:53 AM   #12
Admiral

Really nice having a shop that you can get this size of boat into.

Coming along nicely and looking good, guess you cannot wait to get her in the water.

Mike
Old 11-03-2015, 04:36 AM   #13
Lt. Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmwjr View Post
Really nice having a shop that you can get this size of boat into.

Coming along nicely and looking good, guess you cannot wait to get her in the water.
I am waiting for the weather to break. 6-9 foot waves along the coast this week.

Wave Height San Pedro

Tim
Old 02-19-2016, 11:25 PM   #14
Lt. Commander

It has been a while since I have updated this FishOnSports arch thread. I had installed the arch and it works great. I added a bunch of electronics on it and was waiting for funds for a radar unit. Since the bimini fits, but is a little up and funny now and would possibly interfere with the radar path, I thought I would buy a visor for the arch. I called James over at FishOnSports last week and he helped me get the extended size visor I need to replace the bimini. I needed an 80" length and not the standard 57" visor.

I still need the bimini when I want to use the enclosure so if I ever want to put it back on I can just unscrew the visor at its pivot points and remove it.

Uni-Arch Visor

I got the visor this week and installed it today. I cut the front cross bar and had it taper in a bit and it looks good. I need to take a pattern for the top canvas and send it back to FishOnSports so they can make the canvas. It is all part of the cost and should look really clean. I cannot wait to get the canvas put on and the radar installed. I am hoping to go out in a few weeks and this would be great timing.

Old 03-07-2016, 02:35 AM   #15
Lt. Commander

We continued to work on the visor. I made an overhead rack from 3/4" square tube that I am going to use to store the life vests and safety equipment. I have never really like the T-bag I bought so I there ya go. I ordered four extra clamps so I could make the mounting points removable. The angled notch is to allow clearance when walking on the port side. I also added a stereo enclosure to store other safety equipment. I designed it, welded it, sent it to powdercoat and it only weighs about 5 pounds. It looks decent and should do the job just fine.

We still have to tie up the canvas during the week and finish the wiring but we did get the radar mounted and ran the wires down the port side tube.

Old 03-07-2016, 12:28 PM   #16
Commander

Nice work.
The only drawback I see is the loss of your ability to use the factory eisenglass enclosure.
We use ours a lot this time of year and in the fall.
Also we have Summer monsoons and it's nice to have the added protection and takes only minutes to put on and off.
oldno7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 03:00 PM   #17
Lt. Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
Nice work.
The only drawback I see is the loss of your ability to use the factory eisenglass enclosure.
We use ours a lot this time of year and in the fall.
Also we have Summer monsoons and it's nice to have the added protection and takes only minutes to put on and off.
I too was concerned about the eventual use of the bimini and the 3/4 enclosure. Instead of using their provided hardware for the visor I used knobs at each of the attachment points. There are 7 knobs that I can undo by hand and remove the visor. As a side note, the secondary reason for making a life vest rack was to keep the visor square when I want to remove it. With it attached to the outside rails it keeps the entire visor rigid when I need to take it off.

Old 03-31-2022, 10:50 AM   #18
Ensign

How have you liked the stand? Is it fairly rugged
Thanks

Hadley Point Maxum is offline   Reply With Quote