Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Projects and Customisations
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-08-2022, 05:35 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Canvas Plus Going Out of Business

In my quest to find replacement seat skins I spoke to Kim from Canvas Plus today. She informed me that she has retire as of March 31, 2022. She also told me that she is looking for someone to buy her business. She does have many of the patterns for Maxum and Bayliner boats. If anyone knows of an upholstery shop interested in expanding their coverage, Kim would be interested in selling her business as a whole ASAP as they will be listing their home shortly.

You can contact her by phone at 360-435-0932

rebickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 09:18 PM   #2
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebickert View Post
In my quest to find replacement seat skins I spoke to Kim from Canvas Plus today. She informed me that she has retire as of March 31, 2022. She also told me that she is looking for someone to buy her business. She does have many of the patterns for Maxum and Bayliner boats. If anyone knows of an upholstery shop interested in expanding their coverage, Kim would be interested in selling her business as a whole ASAP as they will be listing their home shortly.

You can contact her by phone at 360-435-0932
so tempted to jump at this, there is a major shortfall of canvass companies in the NorthWest. Really only 2 on Vancouver Island. Been waiting almost a year for 3 windows.

geoffm70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 05:45 AM   #3
rwc
Lt. Commander

I gave up trying to find one and just did it myself
rwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 05:16 PM   #4
Lieutenant

I had a bad experience with Canvas Plus. I ordered new canvas for my 3200 SCR from the patterns they said were OEM, and it didn't fit at all (10" too short to connect from the windshield to the radar arch, despite the old canvas and bimini tubing being all original to the boat). I had to return it, which fortunately they did take back after a lot of harumphing.

On the plus side, I got a full custom sunbrella/Isenglass enclosure instead, which is really great. I'm in Seattle, so there are good canvas guys around the Northwest. My only regret is not springing for the horizontal extension from the radar arch to get a vertical enclosure at the stern.
ertyqway is offline   Reply With Quote