Old 08-16-2020, 11:43 PM   #1
Commander

Default Black water tank level monitor project 1999 4100 SCA

I'm going to replace my old black water Sealand Tankwatch I single level monitor with a Dometric DTM04 multi-level monitor.

The old Tankwatch I system just has a single probe that is simply screwed mounted onto the top of the tank with the probe passing through a hole that's drilled into the top of the tank. The DTM04 uses a three inch NPT cap to hold the probes.

Does anyone know if the black water tank on the 4100 SCA has a three inch flange on the tank? If there is one, easy, I just keep the old Tankwatch I in its hole and and use the currently 'unused' flange for the new system. If there isn't a flange, I just pull the old Tankwatch probe, drill out the hole to make it bigger, and put in a flange (Dometric has them) for the new system.

Also, just a quick check to see if anyone knows the internal height of the black water tank. The probes are adjustable in height, so it's not really a biggie, but I was just wondering before I jump into the project.

TIA

PJHoffnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 03:28 AM   #2
Lt. JG

I have not actually seen my black water tank. Is it under the aft cabin floor under the bed?
Scott

gregorys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 11:11 PM   #3
Commander

I can see the 'top' of the tank by pulling out the drawers at the foot of the bed in the aft cabin.
Old 10-13-2020, 02:05 PM   #4
Lieutenant

Location: Live in Mandevill, LA - Boat in Pensacola & Perdido, FL

I had to remove the bed to replace the AC in the Aft Cabin a year or so ago. This is what it looks like. The water tank obvious with the splitter bar through the middle. But not sure i remember seeing the holding tank. Might be under the H2O tank? The real challenge was finding the screws that held the bed base board screwed down....especially to the head-board. Compartment to the right is where the Aft AC resides.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1661.jpg  
Glenn111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 11:32 PM   #5
Commander

I can see the black water tank. I know it because it has a 'single level' probe in it (lights a red light when ~2" from top). That probe is under the forwards drawer at the foot of the bed.
Old 03-13-2021, 03:39 PM   #6
Ensign

Default Black Water Tank Monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJHoffnet View Post
I'm going to replace my old black water Sealand Tankwatch I single level monitor with a Dometric DTM04 multi-level monitor.

The old Tankwatch I system just has a single probe that is simply screwed mounted onto the top of the tank with the probe passing through a hole that's drilled into the top of the tank. The DTM04 uses a three inch NPT cap to hold the probes.

Does anyone know if the black water tank on the 4100 SCA has a three inch flange on the tank? If there is one, easy, I just keep the old Tankwatch I in its hole and and use the currently 'unused' flange for the new system. If there isn't a flange, I just pull the old Tankwatch probe, drill out the hole to make it bigger, and put in a flange (Dometric has them) for the new system.

Also, just a quick check to see if anyone knows the internal height of the black water tank. The probes are adjustable in height, so it's not really a biggie, but I was just wondering before I jump into the project.

TIA
Hello-
Were you able to replace the black water tank sensor? We bought a 2000 SCA back in September 2020. I am about to do the same thing. Please let me know if the Dometic DTM04 worked and any helpful hints. We are about to slip in Orange Beach, AL

MichaelW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4100 sca, black water tank, dometric, tankwatch