Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Projects and Customisations
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-17-2011, 12:37 PM   #1

Lightbulb

Bella Sera 3300SCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:52 PM   #2
Lieutenant

Interesting! Great work as usual. Keeping my eyes open foir that cubby door assembly drawing

SummerBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:18 PM   #3
Admiral

Bella ....Great Job! You are the ultimate professional!

I have seen the remote controls to fit the Lewmar windlass on a couple e-bay sites. They looked generic and I think they were around 90 bucks or so.

What was Lewmar's price and where did find this little jewel?

I know so many questions :-)

Roger
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:20 PM   #4
Lt. Commander

If not already spoken for, may I have first bidders rights when you go to sell that boat of yours? It might be worth shipping it out here with all the cool things you're doing.

NICE upgrade.

Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:16 PM   #5
Commander

Man--great project again.........

I wanna be Bella's friend(lots of projects on Ahyoka)
oldno7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:17 AM   #6
Admiral

Bella ............been there.... done that.........I feel your pain............ I hope you have a good one now..............I do!

Roger
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:41 PM   #7
Lt. JG

I looked at your project and I looked again at the incredible stupidity of Maxum to run 100 amps plus through a foot switch.
I decided to go with the wireless remote with a generic contactor. Every boat I look at uses a contactor or solonoid none but ours used direct hook up into the foot switch. It was so easy to run the foot switches in parallel off the dry contacts for the contactor. Just for giggles I measured the current flowing through my foot swiches now and its a wopping .26 amps. They will never need to be replaced as the is no arc on the contact.
I see by all the work you do on your 3300 scr that you love yours as much as mine. As a licenced electrician i have to say for all the time it takes i would consider changing the wiring on the switches.
I do have a question here.
I see you have put shelves in the cockpit cabinets do you know where i can buy the replacement hardware for those doors specifically the slam catches.

Thanx

Eric
queenendorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:38 AM   #8
Lt. JG

hi Bella
you make a good point about having a backup because no body wants to crank up 100 ft of chain and rode by hand
Something to consider though and i see this with electrical components everyday.
They are not made the same as they were 10 years ago. Everything comes from China now and they just make csa/ul standards but not by much.
On an unrelated topic
We just returned from a 10 day trip around the American side of Lake Erie.(we bought the boat last fall) We ran into some heavy water 8 to 10 footers pounding pretty good and never got up on a plane the one day. Other than a broken latch on the bathroom door and one on the cockpit cabinet, the boat ran and performed perfect. Its a labour of love and somedays its alot more labour, but today I love my boat.

Eric
queenendorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:19 PM   #9
Lt. JG

Default latch Hardware

Is this the slam latch you are looking for? I just ordered new ones for my 3300 last week. They are due to arrive on Friday. I could't find anything in the local marine stores.

http://www.searay-parts.com/Mobella-...01-103-515.htm

By the way I'm just starting my 'relationship' with my 3300.
Twmcneilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:39 PM   #10
Lt. Commander

so at what point can I start just paying you to ship me ready to install mods. First up, your TV door for the cabin over the stovetop. I am so NOT mechanically minded but damn some of that stuff I'm ready for you to start shipping to me. Figure same year, make, and model......just start making two of everything.
tackleshep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:50 PM   #11
Lt. Commander

What if you just sent them to me annonomously for free. No liability, no finding the right price. I can PM you my address anytime

tackleshep is offline   Reply With Quote