Old 06-13-2011, 01:11 PM   #1

Cool Bella’s 3rd (of 4 planned) flat screen TV for Aft Cabin install…..

Bella Sera 3300SCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:01 PM   #2
Lieutenant

Ok...that's just freakin' awesome! Ironically, we just moved into the aft cabin from the forward berth, because at 6'2", I have a bit more room down there to stretch out, but we were JUST talking about how and where to put in a TV. A few questions....

1) Did you only use one bracket per door, or two on each? At $32./ea, those lifter arms aren't cheap.

2) What type of TV mounting bracket did you use? and did you bracket through the lifting door itself?

3) Did you do extensive modification to the Aluminum angle mount, or is that pretty much how it looked from Lowes/Home Depot?

4) Where did you find that Maxum ballcap???? I WANT ONE !

Really great job on the TV...once I get your answers, I'm gonna run up to the Marina and put in the same thing.

....Jeff

SummerBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:46 PM   #3
Lieutenant

I just ordered the pieces from McMaster Carr. Is the TV a Vizio VM-220? I saw a refurbed one on Ecost for $177.

The route up from the cubby to the incoming cable TV line I understand, but where/ how did you terminate the power cable for the TV?

Thx,
Jeff
Old 06-14-2011, 08:39 PM   #4
Lieutenant

If you have a few minutes to do up the diagram with pivot points/screw holes, it would save me a 2 hour round trip up and back from the marina...but only if you have the time

Once again....thank you very much

...and the Radar Arch TV....OMG... there is no end to your upgrades.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:03 PM   #5
Lieutenant

Yep...V220M. Just ordered that too! $177. @ Ecost. Well, how cool that there is already a duplex up there. There was a time when I replaced all the carpet in the boat that I had that entire port side bulkhead taken out of the aft cabin...would have been smarter for me to do it then. I'm guessing that the ceiling panel inside the cubby is just velcro...guess I'll come to that when I have the cubby panel off.

Thanks for the heads up....
Jeff
Old 06-15-2011, 12:09 AM   #6
Commander

Looks great. Please post pics of what you do for the arch. We installed a 32" LCD-LED in the front and a 19" LCD/DVD Combo in the rear berth. The mount for the front TV swivels so you can watch from the berth or the salon and latches flat against the cabinet when underway. My next task is to make a mount for the arch where I can easily take the 32" front TV and hang on the arch. We currently set the 19" on the cockpit counter and watch DVDs.
dronthelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:31 PM   #7
Lt. Commander

For what it's worth that was one of my winter projects as well. The only big difference for us was we actually sleep backwards in that aft cabin. As hot as we get mid summer in Kansas the air just didn't get us cool enough so we sleep the other way.

I installed three things. The TV high on the opposite wall using wall anchors and a basic tilting mount. I also used a non used breaker on my panel and added 110V power and a dc power plug as well as cable shipped in from my salon so my sat reciever works on both sides. I installed the power and cable on the railing above the bed so it's hidden and also allows me to plug in weather radio and clock where I can see it from the bed.
tackleshep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:04 PM   #8
Lieutenant

Well, I went to Home Depot for angle aluminum, they dont even sell it. Then went to Lowes, they had it but it was 1/16" x 2" and not the sturdier 1/8" x 2"...Curious which size you used?
Old 06-17-2011, 03:06 PM   #9
Lieutenant

LOL...nevermind, just saw your drawing....you used 1/8"...ok, off to find someone with 1/8" x 2"
Old 06-22-2011, 03:16 PM   #10
Lieutenant

I installed the TV in the aft cabin the other day. Used all of the same components as Bella , even down to the TV model and the exact same Barkan mount. The TV is great, and the 30db signal booster really does make a difference in pic quality. Overall, a great new addition to the aft cabin.

The one comment I would make about the new cubby door arm assembly is that, by itself, the new arm attachment is more flimsy than the original locking spring arm. The reason is because the new arm attachment mounts on the door far closer to the top corner of the door and not further down the door like the spring. It puts a lot of stress on the unbalanced support location of the arm/door. On the door which now houses the TV, I chose to leave the spring arm and add Bella's new arm assembly... a sturdy choice.

Thanks Bella for a great overall aft cabin mod !