Old 03-29-2010, 09:09 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Default Adding windlass to a 2001 Maxum 2700

My spring break project. I'll post pics as I go. It was pre-wired from the factory so not a big project.
Attached Thumbnails
IMGP2450.JPG   IMGP2449.JPG   IMGP2451.JPG   IMGP2437.JPG  

the19hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:42 AM   #2
Lt. JG

the19hole,

this is on my list for this spring as well. Please let us know how you make out.

I am assuming that AnchorLift is the manufacturer of the windlass you chose.

I was looking at lewmar but really wanted to know what was original equipment for the boat.

Any reason you chose AnchorLift?

I see you took a pic of the breaker, was this already in place as part of the prewire or did you install that?

I also see the bucket with rode

did you need to buy that and chain new as well?

I am looking to add one to a 2006 2600SE which should be about the same as yours .

Any info you can enlighten me with is much appreciated.

Thanks

cassymai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:21 AM   #3
Lt. JG

Anchorlift is the manufacturer, Westmarine started caring them this year and I found a new one on ebay for a good price. It seems to have similar function to a Lewmar 700. Most windlass are designed to work with a specific chain and rope hence the bucket. No breaker in the pic but the Anchorlift came with a breaker, dash switch, and solenoid. Everything you need but wire. I got it all for ~$500. I'm taking my boys and a few of their friends to the lake for a few days so not sure how much I'll get done but I'll keep you up to date.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:28 PM   #4

I proposed getting a windlass installed this year. The Admiral said that was HER job and stated that she takes pride in her responsibilities and the fact that she handles her responsibilities well. She took a bit of offense to the prospect of being replaced with a piece of machinery and prefers to quietly laugh and shake her head at the 'sundeck admirals' who refuse to grab lines and poles during the docking process, or the guy that has to handle the anchor, boat and docking by himself.

The nice part about my "Kim-less" is it's maintenance free, uses zero battery power, it's wireless and voice activated.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:00 PM   #5
Captain

the only hing my love does at the boat is throwing the anchor overboard........and i leave it that way......saves me a lot of money....(fun fun fun)

greatz ed
ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:14 PM   #6
Lt. JG

Started the install and cut the first hole. Everything going great. Got the digital camera and error, no memory. Left the card in the computer at home. Finished the install but pics will wait till next trip to the lake. Sorry. It looks great but haven't fired it up yet.