Old 08-17-2010, 05:58 AM   #1
Ensign

Cool 93 SCR 2700 Carpet, panel / dashboard lights, refrigerator, tv , inverter

Hi, new to this, but just bought a 93 SCR 2700 and have lots of projects.

I am looking to replace the carpet on the cabin floor, does anyone know a simple way to do this, as well as where I would get the carpet? What are the chances of getting it cut to size fr perhaps a factory template?

Also need to replace the lights on the dashboard that signifies that something is on, where is the best place to get Maxum parts?

Then we have the refrigerator, most cost effective way of doing this without spending $ 800.00?????

I also want to put a TV in for the kids, anyone know of satellite tv portable mount? May be kind of hard as it is somewhat of a moving target due to waves and such?

Lastly, looking to put a third battery in so I can run the power for refrigerator, tv, computer etc while at sea. Would love to know how people have done this in the past and what's the best way people have found to do this or something like this to achieve the same results.

How is that for a mouth full? Other than that boat is great!!!!!! Really happy to have made this purchase. Just wish OEM parts were easier to find.

Any help would be appreciated.

Fishguy008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:28 PM   #2
Admiral

Howdy fishguy
welcome to the zoo..I'm going to try and answer some of your questions but it would help to know where your boating at....what kind of boating you plan on doing..ie lake..bay..salt ..freshwater....

if you can make a template of the carpets...Corinthian carpets can cut them down for you...the simple answer for carpet relpacement is to yank it up..sand the decking down ..add carpet glue..lay carpets...that's about it....

if your local dealer can't get you switches or west marine..then fisheriessupply.com probably has them...

fridge...not much help here...you can go to an rv place and get the same fridge for a bit less...usually there is a transformer in the back that goes out....check the wiring and the breakers for any kind of connection corrosion...being a boat..corrosion is a major problem with disimilar metals....

costco has a nice 22" flat panel tv with dvd player for about 200 bucks..the mount to the wall is another 35....the sat tv antenna ..there are 3 major manufacturers of them kvh, intellian...and one other that doesn't come to mind..but intellian can be used for either dish or direct tv...the problem with some is that they are friggin expensive...4k isn't unheard of to install...now if your a dock rat like I am...I don't anchor out ...need the dock to get the dogs off for potty breaks...then a dish might be the way to go..I just welded a couple of hooks on the mt and put it on the bow rail with bungie cords....works as long as you limit the bow movement at the docks...I call it my redneck sat. antenna rig....

more power with an inverter is good on the hook..however remember that it goes fast...putting a 3rd batt. isn't going to give you a long time ..most people put in golf cart batt's paralleled together to get 12vdc....the more cells you have ..the longer on the hook without needing a generator......so....it can be an expensive mod...people up here in the pcnw do it all the time..plus a generator.....might just concider a protable genny rigged on the swimstep....tied into your shore power...and dvd's...

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 06:03 AM   #3
Ensign

Default Thais sea puppy

Thanks sea puppy,

Came to these resolutions regarding my post

Carpet, that I am almost best served being careful removing it and using it as a template, getting some marine glue ( need to find out which brand ) and doing it myself. One person of the several is spoke with even suggested not getting marine grade as it is not needed. Don't know about this. Probably better to be safe than sorry

TV, just going with a plain old LCD and plugging the iPhone in it for movies

Refrigerator, bought a Haier on ebay for $100 and will just plug it into the regular outlets.

Inverter, have not gotten to this one yet. Batteries in my opinion don't last long and tend to wear out pretty quickly, I don't want to do a generator on the swim deck, as I think it will end up in the bottom of the drink, also makes it proned to being in the way of people and getting damaged. Don't know about generators too much, but would think there is enough places to stash it out of the way depending on the size etc. Again, don't know much about this so I can be just uninformed.

Boating in the Long Island Sound And around NYC. East and Hudson rivers can get pretty rough which is why I am somewhat against it going on the swim deck.

Know anywhere on line that sells Maxum parts? For this year the dealers are somewhat useless, or do you know of a really good dealer who will ship parts?

Many thanks
Fishguy008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:33 AM   #4
Admiral

got a good dealer ....call Lake union sea ray in Everett,Wa.
ask for Jim
he'll help find the parts for you and can have them shipped right too you......

425-347-6000
tell him steve sent ya...and if he gives you any lip...tell him no pizza for you!!..hahaha

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:27 PM   #5
Lt. Commander

Fishguy, sounds like quite a project. Just a few thoughts.

On the fridge just remember the marine or rv fridges power from AC or DC so while I'm on shore power it's running from that and when I'm off the shore the battery keeps it cold. Once you leave shore power with the one you have (unless it was a ac/dc) the food is going to start warming up.

The dish thing I've looked into and Seapuppy is right, the mobile dishes are high dollar and you don't even see them on some high dollar boats. Depending on where your storing the boat or if your in a marina or dock, at our marina there are 200 dishes all attached to the roof support poles pointed at the sky, when I back into my slip I just hook the coax into the side of the boat and fire up the dish.

On the generator or inverter it all depends on what your doing out at sea. The beauty of having even a small portable generator that can charge your batteries or power a few things on a short term basis I think is better than an inverter. I have four batteries in my boat and it's just a continual replacement I sure the heck wouldn't want four more.

Best of luck
tackleshep is offline   Reply With Quote