Old 11-27-2020, 09:46 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Default 4600 Shower Leak

Hello... I’ve found a leak at an elbow fitting connected to my main stateroom shower faucet and cold water valve. I’m able to visually see the leak from the pump room, but access looks very limited to impossible to remove and replace the elbow fittings. I read some feeds that were from 2017 of someone fabricating a panel on the port side of the hallway paneling to simplify future access. Does anyone have drawings or pictures that may help in my effort. I also have an access panel in the lower cabinet just forward of the vacuum unit. It appears I may have to remove hallway panels to remove the small access panel in either case. Before I do any major renovating I’d like to hear of other potential options. I will document my fix and post pictures in case there are none to reference. Thank you!

CrewRest II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 10:03 PM   #2
Lt. Commander

Did you get this fixed, I got access to mine but I sold the boat a few years ago and can't take any photos etc. I'm 90% certain I got access by removing the stairs and accessed from the outside. If you post some photos I could probably take you through what I did.

iantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 08:42 PM   #3
Lt. JG

I did... It wasn't that easy given the confined space, but I was able to fabricate a PEX line from the new elbow and make it a bit more accessible. I don't think I'll have any future issues with this elbow. Thanks for asking!
CrewRest II is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4600, elbow, leak, shower