Piratefins has it right - in our 2006 3100 se we got our old MW out by pulling out a board fastened in from above the MW that was holding it in with adhesive and compression. Then it just slid out the front of the cabinet. Next problem was finding a new MW to fit. No luck getting one short enough to put back through the opening and the old MW company doesn't exist anymore. But we did find a MW that would work if we got the cabinet face opened up to get the MW inside. It was even more of a PITA to open the cabinet, but we got it done. It involved finding all of the brackets and screws holding it together, which led us to opening up the vinyl covered board at the top of the cabinet and pulling out the fridge to get at the brackets hidden underneath and behind the cabinet face. Happy to report that the new MW is installed and we did not have to cut the opening, so it still looks nice.