Old 07-08-2012, 04:03 PM   #1
Admiral

Default not doing well at all.......health wise

well..I guess I should bring some of my friends up to speed about what is going on....

about 3 mos ago as many know...we lost tasha our sheltie....such a sweety.....then about a couple of weeks later we get misty...cute....licker and unfortunately came to us with giardia...an intestinal virus from drinking tainted water....we finally got her all cleared up and about then I started feeling like I'd had a stomach bug...so...off to the doc and get tested for that....no giardia....bout this time I've had several episodes of vomiting and dehydration....got rushed into the er twice for fluids and to get stable....and pain meds...now bout this time the gut is all dorked up...eat anything and I would feel nauseated....then I'd have excruciating pain in the gut....got some more tests done...an endoscope and colonoscopy and found possible bacteria and 4 ulcers in the lower gut......
so....had an appt with my pcp and with one look at me and review of all the medical reports he called an ambulance to transport me to seattle for admittance into a room for a bizillion tests....I spent thurs. thru sat. in the hospital getting scanned....poked at....more blood draws than I thought possible on one person and more vital sign checks than you could ever imagine...once I had had something like 4 or 5 bottles of fluids shuved in my arm...more doctor consults than anyone could imagine.....and pain meds for the gut.....they shot me out the door to rest until I get a bone marrow test done tomorrow...
so far they have no clue what is wrong with me other than 4 ulcers and possible leukemia as the blood tests show my blood numbers all over the place...which could be an infection or some sort of cancer....

this has been quick and aggressive so far and we're not sure what is going on....tomorrow I go for a bone marrow test......from there I have no idea what will happen....

so...if I'm not on board very much for the next few months...please forgive me....know I come on and read this site occasionally when I have the energy.....and think of everyone often.......

god bless and try and be nice to each other........

Steve

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #2
Lt. Commander

Oops
doesnt sound good (quick and aggressive)
lets hope it's only a close call
gr rens

rens914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:32 PM   #3
Commander

Steve,
Thanks for the update. Don't worry about your friends here at MOC, worry about you and getting better. Get well soon and fast!

-JP
CountryME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:09 PM   #4
Commander

Sorry to hear your health is in such rough shape .We wish you a speedy recovery Steve take care of yourself.Paul
cunuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:42 PM   #5

Steve,

You'll be in our thoughts and prayers. Hang in there and don't let the "It Might Be........" get into your head. Stay optimistic and focus on the important stuff in your life. I'm sure we'll be laughing about a horrible case of IBS while you're shopping for a larger holding tank for Wild Whim.

Let us know how things go.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:40 AM   #6
Admiral

thanks for all the well wishes and prayers...they are greatly appreciate it..well...the latest is...

I'm home....boy...what a mess I am....so...headed to the hospital where we met the oncologist ...stuck me face down on the table...numbed me up double dosed with pain killer and then stuck the sewer pipe into the back of my left hip!!!..he said it was like a big ant bite.....OH NO IT WASN'T...it was like a someone stabbed me.......he said I will feel pressure!! yeah..while he stood on the needle to drill in deep enough to get a sample....

HELL NO!!..THAT B#TCH HURT LIKE NOTHING I'D EVER FELT...had me crying like a little girl....OMG!!...anyone that says it's not so bad will be one of the biggest liars on the planet.....granted some will call me wimp....but I dare you to go thru a bone marrow extraction and tell me it doesn't hurt..

they got a partial sample and not sure if it was enough to get a good biopsy...so...tomorrow morning I have to go back ...get my butt totally knocked out to get a good sample....wish me luck on that tomorrow.......

that's the latest .....

Steve
Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 07-10-2012, 02:27 AM   #7
Admiral

Lukemia survivor here and I know what a marrow sample is all about... best advice is to grab your doc by the balls and make a deal to not hurt each other . I've had 6 and a full transplant ... my doc quite and assigned me to a female doc
Phillbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:39 AM   #8
Admiral

Good Luck Steve...........Our thoughts are with you!

Roger
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:50 PM   #9
Commander

Wishing you nothing but the best, Steve
oldno7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:43 PM   #10
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

Best of luck Steve, will keep my fingers crossed for ya.
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:43 AM   #11
Admiral

well..since they got a dry pull yesterday on the bone marrow, I had to go in to get a good sample...my agreement was I didn't want to know who I or they were for several hrs.....which involved massive drugs.....they were great...from the girl that put the iv in to the tech that administrated the all the happy drugs.....they wheeled me into the procedure room and hooked me up to a couple of computers and monitors ...waited for the doc that was running a bit late, so when he finally showed up..the tech said...here's your happy drugs.....and the last thing I remember ..was my eyeballs rolling to the back of my head..

after all the drugs wore off........they released me to go home where I realized what it's like to be a whale...and shot in the ***** by a big friggin harpoon!!!...even with drugs this thing hurts.....
we'll know the results on monday when we meet up with the doc.....

keep those prayers and thoughts coming....

Steve
Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 07-11-2012, 04:19 AM   #12
Commander

Steve,

All the best with the tests, we are all hoping and or praying for the best outcome for you, rest up and get well, spend some "steve" time and fight what ever it is thats giving your body the greif

Take care

Huddo
Huddo007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:02 AM   #13
Lt. Commander

I've heard a lot of bad news today. Sorry to hear about you but hopefully treatment will make the difference. Best wishes. Get better soon!
Capt Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:43 PM   #14
Admiral

Hi everyone..
sorry I hadn't been on the site in awhile..it's been a rough time....ended up in ER 3 times....now in Virginia mason ..had 3 xrays.....2 ct scans....found out that I have leukemia aml....let me back up some ...about 13 yrs ago I contracted Scleroderma and was only given 6mos......mainly a walking dead...the treatment for it was cytoxan which arrested the disease but due to the lack of imperical data at the time...they didn't know it caused leukemia 10 yrs down the road...so..they gave me 13 yrs more life than I would have....
so..on top of that ...my gut came down with a massive gut bug that made me extremely ill.....couldn't poop....couldn't fart....couldn't eat until it all came to a head causing massive violent vomiting....
since I've been admitted to VM...they have had a great team taking care of me and my needs....I'm on chemo drugs and a host of other stuff to help kill off my stem cells...get the white cells back in line and then hopefully I can find a donor for me for some stem cells to save my life.....I've got things working and I thank god for every second and all the friends that have stood by my side....marsha and I greatful for all the caring comments from everyone....

now..with the worry of my gut being SD again is an impossibility....there is zero chance sd came back....which was a BIG relief from the all the problems that popped up.......

so..at first the oncologist only gave me a 50/50 chance of survival.....now it's 60/40....so...things are looking up....just gotta get thru the month...

thanks so much for the caring thoughts and prayers....

Steve
Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 07-16-2012, 07:21 AM   #15
Commander

Steve,
Any info from you doc for those of us that would like to become part of the marrow donor registry on how to get tested to become a possible donor?

-JP
CountryME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:26 AM   #16
Admiral

I'll try and get the contact here at virginia mason...or call your local cancer care hospital and they can give you the information...once I find out whether my sister is able to be a match..I'll let everyone know...

thanks bb...appreciate everything...
any support is well appreciated and feel free to contact marsha if you'd like to stop by...I'm stuck here for the month..
marsha.stephens1@frontier.com

Steve
Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 07-16-2012, 01:25 PM   #17

Ugg!!! Steve, as always you and Marsha continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Just stay focused on the important stuff. Hang in there. Keep us up to date as things progress.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:13 PM   #18
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

Goodness, Steve, sounds like you're having quite a go of it. Good thing you're a fighter - as is evident from your battle 13 years ago. Hang in there, at 60/40 you are still on the winning side!

You, Marsha, and the rest of your family are in our thoughts.

Dan
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:56 PM   #19
Lt. Commander

I was traveling for a wee and look what happens. Wow, why do terrible things have to keep happening to wonderful people. Steve, you and Marsha will be in my thoughts and prayers. Keep fighting the good fight!

Terry
tjwieseler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:35 PM   #20
Admiral

thanks everyone....we're fighting it as best we can...god knows what will happen but we're fighting.

now....if anyone is interested....the hospital has a free card website and you can chose and send a free card too me....

https://www.virginiamason.org/PatientCard

pick one and they will send one too me ...

thanks everyone for such kind workds and thoughts....

steve

Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang