Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Community > The Dock Walk
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-30-2007, 05:47 PM   #1
Admiral

Default good weekend-bad weekend.....it's all good!!

well...it was a good/bad weekend..we got off work thursday and marsha had an appt to attend too..after she got home..she got the food together and we tossed everything into the truck and did the usual thing of running to get the boat in the water....destination is Port Orchard....the reason??...well..as some may remember..I spent 7.5 yrs of my career working at Newport news shipbuilding and drydock co. about 12 yrs ago....I was on the detail design team for the USS Seawolf...SSN21....she came in last weekend and is now stationed at bremerton Naval shipyard ..the 23 boat is near Bangor..the 22 boat is supposed to be assigned to San Diego...my mission is to see the boat for the first time in the water??...I know I won't be able to go on board her ...but hey...I finally get to see the boat that took 7.5 yrs of my life...6 days a week..12 hrs a day.....and believe me ..when I first set my eyes on her...I was almost brought to tears.....the whole weekend I even had old sub sailors coming up to me and shaking my hand...what a great feeling to see something I worked on actually in the water....pretty awesome...and no...I wasn't the only one that designed her....me and 600 other fine men and women worked like dogs to design her...my hat goes out to them also.....
we got underway at about 6pm or so and the water was a bit lumpy heading across port gardner bay....we passed the south end of whidbey island and headed out towards agat pass....once in the pass it smoothed right out and the rest of the trip was smooth and calm....we got there about 8:30 thursday nite and pulled into our slip we had reserved...but when we tried to get pwr for the boat..the box was dead...so we moved to another slip that was open...next morning we got up and checked in at the marina office...told them that the box was dead and if they wanted me to move..they needed to fix the box...an hr later we were at our original slip..right behind a 77ft yacht...3 stories... huge boat....won't go into the details of that thing..but lets say for a spare 3 mil...I'd be happy to broker a deal for you...haha... ...anyways...
we were told that the weekend was going to be a wild one...they had reservations for 2 yacht clubs and about 65 go fast boats...cigarette types and pickle forks....complete with the blonde bimbo options.....weather was good..so the bimbos were sunning themselves on the included bimbo pads...I'll download some pic's later....I still have to go back to the boat and put it up...low tides wouldn't let the lift pull my boat out of the water....
well..as promised ..the go fasts were partying until something like 2:30 in the morning...the amazing thing is one of those idiots would fire up at like midnite...shoot out to go for a ride at something like a 100 mph ..in the dark...and come screaming back...more guts than I have....
yesterday was the big gathering of go fast/bimbo boats...they were really polite as hell to us and I can't complain much ...I decided to wax the side of the boat the never gets dockside..and of course I had all the idiots statements from the dock walkers ..like...my boat is next...nice job there ...when your done, come on down and do mine...etc.....then I had a real nice surprise....
while I was waxing ..this guy comes up and asks me if I'm the world famous Seapuppy from the BOC...Gary and his wife are really a great couple..down here from sidney on holiday on their bayliner...he doesn't post much but said he loves my trip reports and other posts....Gary...POST!!!...haha...it was great meeting Gary and his wife....
also saw 3388Sam..ken and lori was there and we got caught up on a few stories and they met kodi for the first time..( our newest sheltie since we had to put rocky down last yr)...
Back to the waxing of the boat and got to see alot of eyecandy
I was amazed at the age group of the go fast crowed....over 40 with the big boats and the 40 yr old women trying to relive their youths.........haha....hemmingways.....
we decided to walk the docks admiring the boats..they are amazing machines to say the least....we ran into the guy that originally sold us our house 12 yrs ago.....he's got a huge 42ft ocean alexander....had pizza and beer with him last nite and had alot of laughs....We also met another great couple on their boat..older couple on Mrs B!!..thanks for the assist getting off the dock this morning!!..
we got up this morning and did the usual walk the dogs/breakfast....while making a potty run...the winds all of sudden kicked up and we worried that we wouldhave to make the run home in lumpy water.....it was bad but not really bad enough to pound us all the way home.....
this morning there was also a mustang car show..we decided to walk the dogs one more time and check out the cars.....figured we'd just drool at all the fords and make the run home......the car show was ok..but.....and that is a BIG BUT...a couple of guys had brought their brand new...ford...shelbie GT 40's.....that was it...mustangs were crap..we left...drooled all over the gt40s and just wished I'd come to this planet rich instead of good looking.....

after we gathered our wits again..we got underway and headed home..we were surprised at how fast the winds came up..all of a sudden it was choppy and misty...we drove home, back the way we came thru agat pass and then got out into the sound...that's when it got lumpy...had to pound our way back home..speed was about 19-22 mph max........
again the water was low tide...so I had to tie up to the river dock and will go back to the marina to put the boat up when the water is higher.....it was a good weekend..and a bad one..but overall....we had a great weekend on the water and I got to see something I helped design....met some great folks from Canada and poulsbo...and had my usual long island iced teas....life is good!!!.....hope everyone had a great weekend.....

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:22 PM   #2
Lieutenant

Send a message via MSN to Flying_Maxum

Sounds like a great trip, I envy you guys with the Cuddy's and Cruisers. I dont live near big enough water to justify owning one, even though I considered it and my wife was pushing me for it. I knew I would have to have something I could trailer, so a runabout was the best option. Plus the lakes around here (if you can call them that, they are all reservoirs) arent the best and tend to get crowded. I cant wait to see some pictures. I hope to hear more post from other people on here.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:04 AM   #3
Admiral

well..I finally got a chance to post a few pic's in my album in the gallery....hope you guys like them....it's just a few....enjoy!!..

http://maxumownersclub.com/forum/galler ... itemId=616
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote