Old 01-10-2011, 04:25 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Exclamation crazy weather

so its january in Atlanta and i just had to clear five inches of snow off the boat cover. I cant get out of my driveway and its now sleeting with freezing rain on the way. Did the great white north move south?!?! The sad part is when I lived in Michigan we never got snowed in. I might be stuck til wednesday!

Watered down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:50 PM   #2
Admiral

it's that global warming thingy again!!!

sorry bout the snow...but we send it that way cuz we're usually done with it...

enjoy!!

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:00 PM   #3

This is CRAZY!!!! I got a new pair of cross-country skiis this season and there's not enough snow in NEW HAMPHIRE to use them in january. But in Atlanta, Ga. they're shoveling snow. Fantastic!!!
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:44 PM   #4
Captain

well all the snow in the netherlands is gone, and the temp. is about 52 fahrenheit and off course germany, belgium, luxembourgh and the netherlands are having problems with al the melt water because of the high temps here in europe, just like in australia villages are toally filled with water, rivers are overfloated etc....

its every year the same,.....wish it would be summer.......

greatz, ed
ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:33 PM   #5
Lt. JG

I thought I was done shoveling snow, I am going to have to move farther south if this keeps up. We are going to stay around the freezing mark til saturday, with lows getting into the teens. It is just hard for me to fathom having interstates shut down like this, but on the news the DOT mentioned 1800 miles of interstate in Metro Atlanta and only 45 trucks.
Watered down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:02 PM   #6
Captain

this is the situation in the east and south part of the netherlands.....

at the second film on 1.29 minutes the cows are normaly standing on the left side of the dike about 15 ft lower.

so snow is wunderfull untill it melts......and al the melting snow water from the european wintersport resorts comes together in the netherlands and at this moment snow is melting everywere in these countries.........

greatz, ed
Old 01-14-2011, 08:26 PM   #7

Ed, look on the brightside......at least you're not in the Brisbane, Australian floods.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:57 PM   #8
Captain

hai shrew....

we have the same here in holland.....people who have forgotten to make their anchor lines ore ropes in the harbour longer........now a lot of boats are standing straight with their nose pointed to the bottom........in arnhem (thats the city where the river the rhine comes in to the netherlands from germany) the water has reached a level of 15.7 meters (618.11 inches)higher than normal.....so i guess you now how the city looks.......like brisbane maybe

for a little impression the quikest i could find

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...ngen+2011&aq=f

the first 9 films are from holland

on wensday i was in the east of holland and were i was with my boat during the summer on the river the ijssel (wide about 75 mtrs or 3000 inch) standing with my car on the bridge of the higway.....as far as i couls see....only water......no land, no animals.......nothing.....so we have big problems to.........

greatz, ed
Old 01-15-2011, 10:53 AM   #9
Captain

on the 3th film even the big ships cant go under the bridge through any more...

one the first movie you see 12.05 + NAP.....normaly the water is 4.05 + NAP that means that normaly the water is 4.05 mtr higher than the level in amsterdam (almost the same as sea level) so now the level is 8 meters higher ( 315 inch) one a lot of places the quay is normaly 4 meters (158 inch) higher than the water level.......so now you now that on some places the water on land is more than 4 meters high.....in these areas are a lot of campsites with mobile homes, caravans, etc......now we call those homes and caravans submarines....so believe me....no fun in the east and south of the netherlands......

and today trere is no quay to stand on

normaly here is no water at al, just sheeps and cows
Old 01-15-2011, 10:58 AM   #10
Captain

but shrew you now what.....in a lot of states all over the world this happens not so much....when did this happend in australia befor.....?????? here in holland we have to deal with it almost every year......well 6 out of 10 years....so we are used to it...and thats why it's not on the news worldwide. the same as you have the earthquakes in the states wich are nomany to you...we dont see them all the time on our news, only when the are very big

greatz, ed