Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Classifieds > Buy | Sell | Trade
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2012, 12:51 PM   #1
Ensign

Default FOR SALE:Maxum 3500 SCR/SY Full Camper Canvas Bimini Enclosure and Cockpit Floor Mats

For sale is one full sunbrella seafoam green front and rear bimini tops and full enclosure in nice condition. They are the original equipment for my 2002 Maxum 3500 SCR. My boat was the Maxum showroom floor from 2002 through 2006 (bimini and enclosure never saw the sun until 2006) and was in covered storage from 2006 until the beginning of this season, which explains why this entire package is in such nice shape. I am replacing them with a brand new set ($5500 value) but mine are in nice shape, and have years left in them. The green tinted eisenglass which matches the boat's windshield glass is in very nice condition as you can see, and cannot even be purchased anymore. At the beginning of this season I had them removed from the boat and had all stitches reinforced and all the zippers replaced with new ones by a local canvas shop in Charleston, that cost $400.00. All snaps are in excellent condition as they have always had snap lube in them.

The entire package is still very tight and does not leak or drip even in heavy rainstorms. The color is good and the sunbrella seems to still have a "waxy" feeling to it, which may explain why it does not leak.

These were made by Gioia Sails for Maxum specifically for this boat.

If your Maxum 3500 enclosure is on it's last legs, this set should buy you years before a full replacement. Until I sprang for a new set, I was planning on this enclosure lasting me another 3 years.

Feel free to ask any questions. I will be on the boat this weekend and will be able to take better photos.
I will be throwing in the matching seafoam green sunbrella dash/console cover, matching seafoam green sunbrella spot light cover and a full set of matching seafoam green cockpit mats as well. They are in nice condition and match the bimini.

See posting for purchase at:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Maxum-3500-S...7fbb46&vxp=mtr

allen2158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:53 PM   #2
Commander

Allen2158, Just out of interest did you purchase this boat from John Kaiser from Maryland? the reason I ask is it looks like the one I tried to buy
Huddo

Huddo007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:48 AM   #3
Admiral

Curious... if the canvas is "like new" ..why replace it?
Phillbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #4
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
Curious... if the canvas is "like new" ..why replace it?
I never said anything about "like new". I said it's in "nice condition". There's no way a 10 year old canvas would be in like new condition. Not sure where you picked up "like new"....
Old 08-17-2012, 12:46 PM   #5
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddo007 View Post
Allen2158, Just out of interest did you purchase this boat from John Kaiser from Maryland? the reason I ask is it looks like the one I tried to buy
Huddo
John K. was the broker, yes. And I purchased it last March. Did you come out to see the boat, or were you thinking about picking it up long distance? I don't think you'd have been disappointed with your purchase either way. It's a gem.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:11 PM   #6
Commander

Yeah it was a really good boat!, I think I may have ended up with the one u were looking at in CT the one with 7.4's it's a real gem I have it now in Australia and its not missed a beat- I recognize the picture of the clears on the bed from the posting of your boat on line @yachtworld
Old 08-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #7
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddo007 View Post
Yeah it was a really good boat!, I think I may have ended up with the one u were looking at in CT the one with 7.4's it's a real gem I have it now in Australia and its not missed a beat- I recognize the picture of the clears on the bed from the posting of your boat on line @yachtworld
Looks like we switched boats! I had a deposit on the one in CT, but it needed the gel polished and I had no idea if the dealer was going to do it and do it nicely. When I visited the one in MD it absolutely gleamed. Plus the 6.2s were a lighter engine with the same HP so I jumped ship on the guy CT. That one had a blue or a black hull didn't it? I never got to see that boat without the winter cover off it...
Old 08-17-2012, 01:47 PM   #8
Commander

It's a very dark green strip and it came up a treat with the cut and polish, we did swap boats and I managed to squeeze out of him your deal as I had been speaking with John about buying your boat and got the inside info, looks like it turned out ok for the both of us anyway- spent hours studying the pictures hence recognizing the pics of your canvas - well good luck selling them
Old 09-18-2012, 04:17 PM   #9
Ensign

Allen2158, I have a 2005 3500sy and the top is blue. It's in great shape except for the front windows are oxidized and hazy. Tried everything to clean them but no luck. I want to replace them and was wondering where you got your new top from?
dock holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:28 PM   #10
Ensign

Default Widows

Quote:
Originally Posted by dock holiday View Post
Allen2158, I have a 2005 3500sy and the top is blue. It's in great shape except for the front windows are oxidized and hazy. Tried everything to clean them but no luck. I want to replace them and was wondering where you got your new top from?
Dock,

I got them from Gioia Sails. The cost is $1750.00 for the front window set and $1875 for the rear window set. Here's Gioia's information:

Gioia Sails, Inc.
1951 Rutgers University Blvd.
Lakewood, NJ 08701

(732) 901-6770

nancyd@gioiasails.com or dawn@gioiasails.com

They're very nice people and are very quick to respond it emails. Best of luck! I have a brand new set of BLACK canvas with front windows, and a brand new set of BLACK canvas with rear windows from Gioia still in the box with Gioia tape sealing it. I would sell you for $1000 each if you're interested... Wouldn't go that well with your blue, but with he difference in price you could almost buy a new matching black bimini set and have a completely new setup... Just a thought!
Old 09-18-2012, 08:45 PM   #11
Ensign

allen2158, thanks for the quick reply, very helpful. Let me think about the black, wouldn't look bad if I got the whole thing like you said. Just curious why you have them?
dock holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:01 PM   #12
Ensign

Default Windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by dock holiday View Post
allen2158, thanks for the quick reply, very helpful. Let me think about the black, wouldn't look bad if I got the whole thing like you said. Just curious why you have them?
Hey Dock,

I bought TWO sets of them from a boating center that had them in stock thinking I'd eventually use both. It would be nice to have two sets, as the windows NEVER outlast the top, but the more I think about it, if I sold the extra set I could pick up my new biminis and floor mats by parting with them. I opened one set of them to check them out and they're really nice. My only complaint is that I loved the green tinted ones that I have on my boat now, and the new sets I bought all have the clear windows. Top shelf windows too, not the chinsey clear vinyl, but the real thick heavy grade stuff that came on the boat new. Either way I'll be happy, if I don't sell them, I'll be one happy camper when the new ones I put on start getting a bit cloudy in a few years... You know the drill.
Old 06-19-2020, 05:10 PM   #13
Ensign

I know this is a long shot but anyone still have theses canvas parts tucked away... just bought a 3500 and both front and rear curtains are trashed.

Ten2nds is offline   Reply With Quote