Old 05-17-2012, 04:17 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Default Water Lines

I have a 2001 2400 SCR and has been used about 5 times this season so far. So i filled my water tank completely up but when i turn on the water pump nothing comes out of the sink in the bathroom or the cooking station. The pump works because i can hear it running and never had any problems with getting water last year. Does anyone know what could be causing this problem and what i should do to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Nauti Jenks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:26 PM   #2
Commander

I have a 2002 2400scr you have an air lock leave all taps wide open and give it a minute if you are still air locked pull a vacuum on the line till you get water to flow.I have the same problem each year I do all taps open and let it run .good luck

cunuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:38 PM   #3
Captain

if someone cleaned your water filter, the clear cap next to the pump and did not tighten it down all the way, the pump will suck air and not water.
pascavone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:56 PM   #4
Lt. JG

Quote:
Originally Posted by pascavone View Post
if someone cleaned your water filter, the clear cap next to the pump and did not tighten it down all the way, the pump will suck air and not water.
I did all my winterizing and did nothing with the water filter. ive had the valves open for a while and nothing comes out. how did you do it with the vacuum? just hook it up to the faucet?
Old 05-17-2012, 06:29 PM   #5
Captain

you do have the shore water port on the back? you can hook the garden hose up and fill your lines to see if you have a leak.

your put might be shot, you can buy the pump kit for $60 or a new pump and motor for $100 bucks.....

i just replace me whole unit along with the pressure regulator switch.
pascavone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:05 PM   #6
Lt. JG

The pump is working i can hear it pumping. my friend says i have air lock in the lines or something like that, i just don't know how to check/fix that
Old 05-17-2012, 08:34 PM   #7
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

When you fill the water tank and then turn the pump on with the switch - does it come on immediately and run constantly or does it come on immediately and run for only a short time?
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:54 PM   #8
Commander

open the filter clear end enough till you get the air out you will see the water fill the clear end.then close it and with all the taps open it should start to pump.You need water in the pump and the line to the water tank first for it to pump .I use a vacuume pump for oil extraction if that won't work.I do this every year in the spring .good luck
cunuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:58 PM   #9
Lt. JG

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunuck View Post
open the filter clear end enough till you get the air out you will see the water fill the clear end.then close it and with all the taps open it should start to pump.You need water in the pump and the line to the water tank first for it to pump .I use a vacuume pump for oil extraction if that won't work.I do this every year in the spring .good luck
i finally got some water to start coming out, the bathroom seems like it has pretty good pressure but the kitchen area sink doesn't have really good flow coming out. I think im going to take the strainer to the faucet off and see if anything might be blocking it. Anyone ever have problems with that?
Old 05-21-2012, 03:41 PM   #10
Admiral

I've had the strainer gum up some from trash...that's a good place to start....

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:37 PM   #11

Hi NautiJenks.

Bathroom = Head
Kitchen = Galley

The airators on the faucets can get gummed up and even corroded. I replaced mine last year. The pump can run and not pump. I think one of the suggestions posted to use the shore water connector is a good one. As is cleaning and checking the filter on teh pump. You could disconnect the water line on the OUT side of the pump and see if any water is coming out of there as well. Try it both with and without the filter and see if that makes a difference.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote