Old 09-13-2010, 12:12 PM   #1
Lieutenant

Default Owners manual is way off

Hi Folks,

I have a 2008 SC3 and was trying to figure out what all the drain holes in the boat are connected to. The manual shows holes I don't have or holes that are on earlier or later models but nothing matches. So I'm going to try and attach a picture. I have five on the starboard side. One is for the aft bilge and one is for the drain on the floor in the stern but what are the others for? I poured a lot of water into the center floor hatch and heard it trickling down the drain but was not trickling out any of the side holes. Did the same to the rear hatch above the swim platform... draining someplace but not out. Did it also to the anchor box and same thing. Where is the water going? I'm confused. Does anyone have a drainage diagram?
Attached Thumbnails
holes.jpg  

Smithbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:26 PM   #2
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

What size is that SC3 SB?

Regardless, all those drains should have hoses connected to them. The anchor locker, for instance (#5 in your pic); there's a drain hole in the locker which is connected to that #5 thru hull by a short length of hose and secured with clamps at each end. If you pour water into the anchor locker drain hole and it does NOT come out of that #5 hole then the water is just draining inside the boat and probably ending up in the bilge.

The big center floor compartment only drains into the bilge. The aft ski locker has a drain hole and should also drain overboard - I think port side.

If you've been pouring water into those drains and it's not coming out anywhere ya better check your bilge.

Dan

ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:38 PM   #3
Lieutenant

Hi Dan, It's a 2100 sc3, anchor locker is one piece with a drain, inside the cabin I can't see where the hoses go, it's all vinyl covered. The place where the fuse box is suppose to be is just a removable cove with a solid vinyl wall behind it! No Fuse panal. The whole thing is screwy. I checked the bilge and was hardly anything. It's making me crazy. Last night I was walking past it and heard a beep. Was the co detector saying replace or low voltage. Both batteries were dead and the switch was shut off. I called the dealer. He is giving me two more batteries.... uggghhh!!!
Smithbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:57 PM   #4
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

The water is in there somewhere SB. If the boat is on a trailer the bow might not be high enough to allow the water to drain to the bilge.

My boat, a 2004 SC3 has but one bilge pump, aft - just forward of the engine. The hull grid system below decks has drain holes to allow water to drain all the way to the rear.

Your boat probably has storage bins in the cabin under the cushions. Remove them and have a look. The water from the anchor locker is in there - somewhere.
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote