Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-21-2012, 08:08 PM   #1
Commander

Default How important is a full tank??

In years past, the first thing I did as I got the boat ready for winter was fill the fuel tank and use stabilizer. This year, I have done everything except filling the tanks. I got about 1/4 tank and have put in stabilizer. Soooooo, do I reallllllly need to top off the tanks????

Thanks all.

and Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

Rich

rgreenwell8962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:59 PM   #2
Admiral

Rich ....Happy Turkey day back at ya...to you and your family too!
I have read and most experts will agree that the condensation that you might get in this situation( not a long period of time and tank size ) is not going to cause you problems because it will be very little. The stabilizer is going to do its job and then your water separator filter will do the same with condensation that will be there but will not be enough to worry about.
I try to fill my two 75 gallon tank up half full. Mainly just so I have enough gas to start out with for the next season.
You didn't say what size boat you have so if it is big boat or small boat just fill it with your budget in mind.

Hope this helps.

Roger

biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:22 AM   #3
Commander

Thanks Roger. Yeah, I have always been overprotective when it comes to laying her up for a few months of little to no use, but this year it came up too quick, and I always had another thing to do at the boat so just hadnt gotten around to it. I am rather ashamed to say that I have not taken her out since our week long trip at the end of August. Seems as though life got busy, or just in the way

Eat a lot of good food tomorrow and enjoy your time with family and friends. Don't forget to raise a glass for our pal Seapuppy!
rgreenwell8962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:00 PM   #4
Admiral

Thanks Rich .......one more tip.........one of my favorite boating tv show is Ship Shape TV and one of the "expert guest" is saying that when you put the boat back in the water in the spring fill your tank up and that will help with condensation also.

Gobble gobble:-)

Roger
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote