Old 04-30-2011, 05:24 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Default Fresh water pump/Constant cycle - Maxum 2400SE

I finally located a cracked fitting in the head sink on the hot water side...only to discover that the pump continues to cycle with all valves closed. I have soaped up every fitting I can find to locate said leak to no avail. The good news is the head sink is no longer dripping and filling the bilge. Any suggestions for locating the remaining culprit?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:45 AM   #2
Commander

On the 2007 Regal 2565 we had the pump would cycle if I didn't have the cap on the shore water fitting tight.

Last night while watching a movie our water pump kicked on. It is a Jabsco VSD and never comes on. My first suspicion was a ruptured water line. I checked everywhere and everything was dry. This morning I disassembled the pump looking for debris in the check valve but everything was clean. I then checked the pressure control switch and it isn't working. Pump runs continuously which is better than being out for the weekend and no pump. I just switch it on and off on the panel. The aggravating thing is this pump is only 5 months old.

dronthelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:43 PM   #3
Ensign

I have a 2007 Maxum 2400se and have to adjust the pressure switch (screw under cap on water pump) usually at the beginning of the season. Play with it with small turns. Take off filter before pump and clean. A film will build up and cause pressure problems. Clean Faucet caps too. I did this in the spring and my water system works mint.

Darren
dpcurrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:44 PM   #4

The pressure valve on the hot water heater is sometimes prone to leaking over time. Take a look there as well. You might need to look for any connectors in tough spots, like in the galley as well. There is a leak somewhere which is causing pressure in the system to drop and trigger the pressure switch. Lowering the pressure will only mask the symptoms.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote