Old 07-31-2014, 02:51 AM   #1
Lt. JG

Default 2400 SD replacement fresh water pump

The fresh water pump in our 2002 2400SD froze over the winter (our fault). This cracked the plastic circular filter, and also the end cap on the upper housing. Instead of replacing the parts, we thought we'd just replace the pump. The original is a Flojet 4105-527, which doesn't seem to be a part that Flojet even lists. They do have a 4105-501 that looks quite similar, so I'm thinking the -507 was a Maxum-specific part.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good replacement pump, and/or is the Flojet 4105-501 a good choice for a new pump?

thanks;
-rob.

boater2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 03:36 AM   #2
Admiral

I would look in a boat catalog to find something similar to give you an idea what to look for.

Horsepower rating is what you want to look for. Also something in the same or close configuration so that attaching the water hoses back are easy. Some people buy a little bigger in horsepower rating because they don't like the pressure of the water coming out, not enough.

I have always gone to my nearest RV store to buy my water pump, they are cheaper. Doesn't say boat on it! Bring your old pump and they will match for you. Again Maxum farms these parts out, so they are NOT Maxum specific parts.

Did you google that flojet number? Sometimes doing that the brand new number comes up and points you in the right direction.

$136.00 at Defender for Flojet 4105

Roger

biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 03:50 AM   #3
Lt. JG

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggerseagar View Post
Did you google that flojet number? Sometimes doing that the brand new number comes up and points you in the right direction.
I did that, but it wasn't much help. However, I found another post here where someone with a 2400 SC was using a Flojet 4405-143, so I ordered one of those from Overton's ($105 delivered).

Thanks!

-rob.
boater2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:52 PM   #4
Admiral

Good job
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 01:27 PM   #5

It shouldn't matter. A Pressure water pump is a pressure water pump. Make sure the inlet and outlet sizes match and try to match the GPM rating for the pump. Other than that, whether you choose Jabsco vs. Flojet is a matter to opinion.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote