Old 06-23-2010, 04:10 AM   #1
Lt. JG

Default 1995 Bravo 2 454

Is there a gimble bearing grease nipple behind drive or in engine compartment? Does u-joint have grease nipple? Thanks 2700scr
Randal

canada randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:43 AM   #2
Admiral

yes and yes....there is a nipple on the transom mounting ring, it's on the stbd side and that greases the gimble bearing.....the U joint has a grease nipple on it but you have to look inside the engine bay behind the engine.....if you don't see it...get out of the engine bay and bump the engine over until it shows up..give it about 3-4 shots of marine grease...

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:22 PM   #3
Lt. JG

Do i have to pull the drive off ? (I'd do impeller later ,is ok now) Saw 2 grease nipples on what i believe is coupler on back of engine bolted to engine. I'll look for rest. Thanks
Randal
Old 06-23-2010, 01:33 PM   #4
Lieutenant

Hi randy, correct me if I am wrong : the U joints ( 2 of them have grease nipples on them but to get to them you will have to remove the leg ( the tail shaft / u joints with the grease are located inside the rubber bellows). The grease nipple that SP is talking about behind the engine is on the flex plate, that nipple will grease the input shaft spline only and not the U joints. Your raw water impala for the bravo 2 setup is a separate pump hanging of your engine and not inside the leg like the Alfa legs I hope this may kelp you Tony
TonyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:45 PM   #5
Lt. JG

If i interpret SP correct. Grease nipple on u-joint accessed through transom from engine bay(so no drive removal required). Nipple on transon mounting ring for gimble bearing accessed from engine bay. Plus looked like 1 or 2 nipples on coupler i saw which is on flywheel/flex plate. I may sound dumb (or just ignorant) i haven't been on my 20 footer for 10 years. Kind of outgrew it. My old 88 alpha 1 drive needed drive removal to grease u-joint and replace impeller etc. (I guess no point digging out my alpha 1 manual). I thought the impeller would still be in the drive. Saw the pump on the engine . Is that where the impeller is now? Thanks
Randal
Old 06-24-2010, 01:04 AM   #6
Lieutenant

hi randy: No the grease nipples x 2 for the u pionts are like the alpha 1 drive needs drive removal to grease u-joint...
The gimble grease nippple is on the outside, stbd side about a littel lower than 1/2 way close to the tramsom on the transom mount... yes that pump is were the impeller is now, no need to remove the leg to do a impeller change try this site there is a lot of parts, pics, and cost. just pic your type etc this is were I order my bits from and have them sent to AU
http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Me...001/parts.html
Old 06-24-2010, 01:39 AM   #7
Lt. JG

Thanks . I left a big list at my local marine store (found small shop in town with very reasonable prices). They're getting parts prices for me. Then figure my labor and negotiate purchase of boat. If successful pull boat out again. Service drive. Change intake gaskets. Complete tune-up. Hopefully no nasty suprises. Boat looks good. Just needs some work .
1995 2700SCR 454 Bravo 2
Randal
Old 06-24-2010, 04:22 AM   #8
Lt. JG

Checked website. Cool. Says the won't send outside of US. I'm from Canada. To bad. There is a service just over border that will receive and hold for a fee. I would just have to drive accross and pick up. I'll see what my local store comes up with. Thanks again eh.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:12 AM   #9
Lieutenant

That can’t be right they have been sending stuff to me in Australia. On the right hand side when you (send to cart ) at the bottom there is a section for international customers ( when you set up your account I am shore all the shipping details are there for all over the globe), anyway so long as you get your bits at the right price its all good. Tony
Old 06-30-2010, 02:20 AM   #10
Lt. JG

Thought i saw note at bottom of page . Thanks for info. Its been helpful.
Randal