Old 09-16-2019, 04:26 PM   #1
Lt. Commander

Default Quick, Intermittent alarm under way

Looking for suggestions on how to diagnose or the most likely place to start ... I'm getting a intermittent engine alarm under way. I have thunderbolt ignition so no codes available that i'm aware of. It's just a quick beep and that's it. Each time if occurs I've been on plane about 29mph, 4000 rpms in some moderate chop. The beep always seems to correlate with some input at the helm. One time it was a touch of throttle, the other time just a touch of drive-trim up. No change in any gauges ... Oil pressure stable & consistent at 60-65psi, temps consistent and stable around 175, drive oil reservoirs full. I'm not even sure how to determine which engine since there are no other indicators. Are there any senders more sensitive to vibration or change in attitude then others?

2003 Maxum 2900
Twin 4.3 Carb Alpha 1

yahoo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 09:20 PM   #2
Admiral

The alarm uses separate senders than the helm gauges do so while everything is reading ok the alarm sender can be the issue. Being carburetors each engine only has a water temp, oil pressure and gear lube level senders, try disconnecting one at a time until the alarm no longer occurs and you will have found the source.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2900, alarm