Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Engines
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-24-2021, 12:54 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Default Need a new engine

Hello everyone, I've been rebuilding my 1995 1800sr this year. Done the interior along with new floor and subfloor because it was rotten. My engine died so I need a replacement. I'm pretty sure I need the "upper half" of the motor. So basically everything besides the block. Head, pistons etc..

So here is the problem. I live in eastern Europe where there are so few of these motors and I think the best option for me is to order one from the US and crate ship it here. It actually is more economical than to rebuild one here, go figure.

I have a contact(family member) in Maine that could help me somewhat but I wanted to ask you guys here which "shop" do you suggest, where should I order from and what are my options.

It doesn't have to be in or near Maine if it is a good deal. I've heard that people here, where I'm from, have done stuff like this in the past and they are happy with that decision.

I'll soon have more details on everything I actually need to buy but this is the gist of it.

I would really appreciate your help with thanks, thanks to anyone and everyone that contributes in advance, kudos to you.

MilosJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 03:37 PM   #2
Admiral

Doug Russell or Michigan Motors are good sources. Are you looking for a long block, long block with oil pan/valve cover/circulating pump/intake, or repower with same as the second but includes a ignition system and carb? I recommend either the second or last of these, you also should consider new exhaust manifold and risers.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 03:41 PM   #3
Lt. JG

Thanks for the sources, will look into it. Its 3.0 mercruiser btw. As far as I know for now, exhaust is okay and risers were changed last season, 5 hours on them at the most. I will soon find the details of what is broken for sure and what should be replaced. I will post it here then.

Really thankful for your insight.
Old 02-24-2021, 03:58 PM   #4
Admiral

Being a 3.0 there is only one riser but the exhaust manifold and intake are one piece so be sure it's good so not to ruin a new long block internal cracks will allow sea water into the intake side.

Mike
Old 02-24-2021, 04:01 PM   #5
Lt. JG

I thought you meant something different by Risers, it was lost in translation, thanks for clarifying. Will write more info here soon when I have it, thanks again for your help.
Old 03-09-2021, 04:34 PM   #6
Lt. JG

I just need the longblock, like this one. Everything else I can either get from my old motor or source locally easily enough.
I found a couple of other sources for sale and would like any input that you, or anybody else has, on reputability of those shops.
If anyone has any experience with them I would really appreciate any information.

remanufactured
chicago engines
performance product

If anyone else has any other sources fell free to share them also.
Old 03-09-2021, 04:36 PM   #7
Lt. JG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmwjr View Post
Being a 3.0 there is only one riser but the exhaust manifold and intake are one piece so be sure it's good so not to ruin a new long block internal cracks will allow sea water into the intake side.
I just need the longblock, like this one. Everything else I can either get from my old motor or source locally easily enough.
I found a couple of other sources for sale and would like any input that you, or anybody else has, on reputability of those shops.
If anyone has any experience with them I would really appreciate any information.

remanufactured
chicago engines
performance product

If anyone else has any other sources fell free to share them also.
Old 03-09-2021, 09:25 PM   #8
Admiral

I have not used them but I have heard from others who have and they had no complaints.

Mike
Old 03-10-2021, 05:49 PM   #9
Lieutenant

Default 3.0 Long Block

https://spprecision.com/products/gm-...gine-sale.html

No Core required on this one @ $2500 + tax + shipping

SRPATTON is offline   Reply With Quote