Old 04-28-2010, 10:19 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Lightbulb Maxum 1999 1900SR Owners Manual

looking for a Owners manual For 1999 1900SR

edrey1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:07 PM   #2
Ensign

Hi there,

I'd just bought a SR2100 recently. Was asking the same sort of questions. Have not been able to find the manual for mine either. However, I did go to my local marine shop that sells Bayliners and can order parts for my Maxum. While we did find the parts numbers for the "manuals," the shop owner showed me an example of what would likely come in the mail. There wasn't much in that manual he showed me that was beyond your basics of boating, towing, covering, powertrimming, and simple navigation. There was nothing there I could justify the cost (I think it was 150 bucks or so).

If you do find a source for an electronic libary...let us know. Would love to see 'what i'm missing'.

-Ztopher

ztopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:35 PM   #3
Admiral

go to the stern/stbd side of your boat and get the "HIN" number...contact USmarine and give them that number..they will send you an owners manual free....US marine contact info is located in the general forum..

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:07 AM   #4
Lt. Commander

Or just go to the maxum boat website and look under archived years, find your year and model and download the manual in PDF form. Very simple. But not much that you don't know in the manual-very generic.
New Boat 8/13/11: Chaparral 206SSI with 5.0 VP GXI SX
Prior Boat: 2008 Maxum 1900SR3, 4.3L V6 190HP, Alpha 1 (great boat)
2010 Ford 150 XLT Super Crew 5.4L V-8, tow package
2008 Infiniti G-35
Brianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 02:03 AM   #5
Ensign

Hello,

New here, I too just bought a 1999 1900SR, 4.3 with 94 hours. I'm looking for the same manual, even if it's a generic type of thing. Maxum dealers here in Maine are useless, haven't had one reply. Direct contact with Maxum is equally fruitless. I looked at the above mentioned sites with no luck? I found the engine manual here just a few minutes ago (awesome), and was hoping to find the owners manual as well. I was hoping to figure out how to set the depth alarm, it's only a three way switch, but it doesn't appear to do anything. Also my tach doesn't work? Still chasing that, but shouldn't be too hard to figure out. Speedo works, but stays at 20 when sut down, pugged pitot?
Cheers to all,

Nate
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:11 AM   #6
Admiral

Hi nate...welcome to the zoo..
first off..get the HIN number from the stern of your boat....then contact USMarine ..they will send you a copy of your owners manual for free...
as for your tach...check the connections in the back of the tach itself...sometimes they get crapped up..use dielectric grease to coat it..that will help keep corrosion down...if your speedo isn't working..9 times out of 10 it's a blocked pitot tube ...look at your drive...on the leading edge of the drive about half way up from the gear box....is a hole that brings water to the speedo....use a wire ..coat hanger...or a 1/4" drill and using your hand..try to fish it out...if that still doesn't work..the drive has to be dropped and cleaned out....

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:53 AM   #7
Ensign

Thanks SP,

I already took some safety wire to the pitot inlet, before I ever put the boat in the water, speedo works, just doesn't return to 0mph. I may drop the lower unit anyway and change the gimbal bearing, it made noises on my second trip out today. I had checked the back of the tach already, clean as a whistle. I need to look further down the line. I hadn't found the link to the owner's manual, till you pointed it out, thank you.

Nate

Just tried to use the Maxum resource link to obtain an owner's manual. This is what I got, which is tecno gobbledygook to me.
■This form is not being sent from the url where it is supposed to be located. If you are the owner of this form you need to ensure that the 'Form Location' is specified as maxumcustomercare.com//feedback.htm. To change this, login to the site, click 'edit' next to the form's name, and then click the 'Basic Information' link to change the form's location. ????????????????

Now what? Nate

Nate is offline   Reply With Quote