Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Engines
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-19-2012, 12:48 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Default Guardian Alarm

I have a 2003 2700 SCR with a 5.7 MPI with a bravo three. Yesterday we were taking an hour trip across the bay for lunch. 45 minutes into the trip the guardian alarm started going off every minute with two quick beeps. It did this exactly every minute. All of the guages were in there normal range. When we got into the no wake zone reducing RPM's it stopped. Was off boat for about two hours. Upon return to boat I let engine warm up and checked the oil and if was fine.

We ran the boat back home without pushing it. The alarm sounded every minute the entire trip back. This time when entering the no wake zone of our marina the beeping continued every minute even when docking.

I know I will have to have someone with a computer hook up to see what the warning is. But do you all have any idea what it might be?

Penns Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:05 PM   #2
Commander

I had a friend just had the same thing it was IAC valve idle air control valve on his 2005 5.7 mpi it cost about$150.00 not cheep

cunuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:50 AM   #3
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

My first guess is the out drive oil level.

Dan
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:08 PM   #4

I think ss3964spd has it.....again. LOL. Guardian mode is what automatically restricts the engine RPM to idle. This usually occurs when the engine is overheating, though I think oil pressure will do it too. If you are not being restricted to somewhere around 800rpm, it is not going into "Guardian mode". The alarm however, is telling you something. Overheating is one long continous beep and it is very loud. Two short beeps peridically I believe is the drive oil reservoir level. Check that first. It might be the oil level sensor as well.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote