Old 03-22-2010, 09:44 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Default alarm going off all day

I have a 1999 Maxum 5.0 Thunder , W /Pre alpha one out-drive . this week end i change out the impeller. it was my first time . i think i did it wright. . now the alarm is going off . i can't figer it out why ? i check the motor oil . it good , I check the water temp. when i had it in the lake . it was good "190" . then i check out out drive oil . it was not low, or milkey. it look like clean out drive oil . and when i taken it out this week end, a gave a test run. the alarm will go off when the boat goes plane. Then after 3 min. driving slower the alarm go off again.

edrey1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:01 PM   #2
Admiral

the problem might be that you have an air bubble in the drive oil line...the alarm is a low oil alarm...thus it will go off at different times...check the connections at the sensor on the oil drive res.....if that isn't it...check engine oil levels and the sensor on the engine oil pressure sender....those are the only 2 alarms besides the temp...

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:33 PM   #3
Lt. JG

Is the "drive oil line" the guick connect hose that is on the front of the out drive by the bolt that keep the upper and lower together? And how do i get the air bubble out " Might vac ? and where is the oil drive res. i did check the oil level in the motor and out drive . all are good motor and out drive oil.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:48 PM   #4
Lt. JG

So how do i check to see witch one is making the alarm go off ? is there a way i can by-pass each sensor to find out witch one is bad ? the motor in not showing it's getting hot . and i did check the sensor they are plug in good from what i can see .how do i take the air bubble out of the drive line. or to check it ?. is there a test to see if the impeller i put in is working good ? help ! the noise is killing me !!!
Old 04-06-2010, 02:53 AM   #5
Admiral

well...about the only thing you can do is to remove each sensor lead while it's going off....the one that stops when it's pulled is the sensor that is malfunctioning......to get the bubble out of the drive....pull the boat..drop the drive....drain it from the bottom and open the air plug at the top....then pump it from the bottom....once the oil starts coming out of the top...put the plug in the top..give it about 10 more shots...then put the bottom plug in...adjust the level in the reservoir after you run it for about an hr..add more to the bottle....if the alarm is still going off..the sensor is bad...
now if the temp is normal...then 1) the impellor is ok..2)and the thermostat is ok......the only thing left is the engine oil pressure....your gauge should be reading 35psi-55 psi at normal speed..

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:49 PM   #6
Lt. JG

Thank you Seapuppy. I was able to to make that alarm go off this week-end.

The out drive oil reservoir. was not full .I did not know this boat had a reservoir for out-drive oil . all i had to do is is add more oil . and i did that by taken off the reservoir cap having some one on side the boat . And me on the out side of the boat at the out drive . taken off the bottom drain plug , and add oil there till the reservoir was fill . . that easy . now i can hear my kids tell me "are we there yeat" . over and over .