Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-11-2011, 12:38 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Default tv antenna installation

How do I route the cable from the radar arch to the port side of the galley on a 2000 3000 scr?

sweet summertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:54 PM   #2
Commander

I am not familiar with your model but on my boat I used an electrician fish-tape (at Lowes < $15) to route a pull string from the arch to the forward birth. I had to do it in section (arch to starboard side of engine compartment - engine compartment to electrical panel - electrical panel under rear birth to utility room - utility room up port side behind galley). The Admiral helped and it didn't take too long. I actually pulled to pull strings so I would have a backup to use when I run an HDMI cable from the forward birth back to the cockpit.

dronthelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:51 PM   #3
Lt. JG

Thanks a lot. Did you take the bottom panel off of the arc or did you fish it through there also.
Thanks
Sweet Summertime
Old 05-11-2011, 06:09 PM   #4

There should be access panels at the bottom of the arch. Removing teh access panel should make it much easier. There is an opening at teh bottom of the arch that matches in opening in the gunnel. Down will most likely get you behind a removable bulkhead or storate area in the midcabin. Models vary, so I apologize for this next section. If I recall, you should have teh cabin entry hatch on the port side as well. You may have a vent, AC panel and or stereo on the wall as you go down the companionway stairs into the cabin. Removing any of these should allow you to route from just below the radar arch to that general area. If there is a hanging locker on the port side as well, then you should see some cables running across the bottom.

Basically, you're goingto need to start removing things and looking around.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:09 PM   #5
Lt. JG

Sweet,
I just did an install a month ago on my 3000 SCR. I had to remove the light on the arch and remove speaker and cover on the port side. It depends on where you are going to mount it. If you want it center obviously removed the inspection plate in center.
There was no access through the base of the arch so I drilled down into the sink area. You are able to fish by the sink drain and on foward. I had a access panel in the front storage area under the sink that goes over the port fuel tank. You then have to remove the electrical panel and the aft part of the closet. Once in that compartment it got tricky. I went down through AC opening for the aft cabin and just worked foward. I had to remove Fridge drawers and such. The next big task was removing the recepticle outlet and the foward berth area and working the fish down to the drawer area. Stay focused and it is a very neat fix. I will be glad to give you more info if you need it. We have been very pleased with ours and I didn't have any spare screws when I finished!!!

Hunter
Hunterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:00 PM   #6
Lt. JG

Thanks Hunter,I really appreciate all the information.