Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-18-2010, 01:09 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Trim pump wiring

Helo, i have an 1800sr with alpha one drive. when the boat was purchased the wiring for the trim pump was corroded to nothing so i am now having to start from scratch to wire the pump in, i know the pump works i have temporarily wired it to lift it but was wondering if anybody had any diagrams or could take pictures to show me what is what? any help would be appreciated! cheers

berrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:25 PM   #2
Admiral

Hello Berrie...
welcome to the zoo...
did you try going to the maxum site and loading the pdf of your boat's wiring??.....check that out ..I have posted in the general forum the contact location website...

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:52 PM   #3
Lieutenant

H i Berrie hope this will help

The RED wire in the plug sends 12 volts from the pump assy. to the toggle up/down and trailer up switches. The BLUE & GREEN wires bring 12 volts from the toggle trim/tilt and trailer switches to the two solenoids on the pump assy.
The GREEN wire goes to the DOWN solenoid while the BLUE wire goes to the UP solenoid.
Up toggle connects the RED wire to the BLUE wire. Down toggle connects the RED wire to the GREEN wire. The TRAILER UP switch also connects the RED wire to the BLUE wire.

Next check the three (RED, BLUE & GREEN) wire connector at the pump assembly. The RED wire in the plug sends 12 volts from the pump assy. to the toggle up/down and trailer up switches. This plug can vibrate loose and cause your problem. Pull it off and see if the pins are clean and not corroded; reconnect it.
The BLUE & GREEN wires bring 12 volts from the switches to the two solenoids on the pump assy. The GREEN wire goes to the DOWN solenoid while the BLUE wire goes to the UP solenoid.
GREEN wire goes to the DOWN solenoid while the BLUE wire goes to the UP solenoid.
Disconnect the trim/tilt assy. wires from the battery and then check each of the nuts and studs on the solenoids for clean and tight fittings. Each solenoid has three wires and the buss bar connected to it. The bases of them have a black ground wire and a small blue wire to one and a small green wire to the other.
On top of each solenoid, the large BLUE wire from the pump motor attaches to a large copper stud with the solenoid that has the small blue wire at the base while the large GREEN wire from the pump motor attaches to a large copper stud with the solenoid that has the small green wire at the base.
The other copper solenoid studs are connected together with a copper buss bar. One of the two studs will also have a funny looking 110 amp fuse attached to the bar. The large RED wire from the battery connects to the 110 amp fuse. This large red wire is the power for this buss bar. A small RED wire attached to the bar stud sends 12 volts to the switches which in turn sends the 12 volts to the solenoids which turns on the pump motor.
Important: if the studs on the either solenoid are dark and not like a clean penny, especially the BLUE wired solenoid, this solenoid is failing due to age and/or a loose bottom copper
TonyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:18 PM   #4
Ensign

Default what's the trin pump model #/

Hello all!
I am new to the boating world. I have a 2001 Maxum 1800sr with a mercury engine alpha one...I need to replace the trim pump on it and I need to know the model of the pump. I'm a ditzy woman, can anyone help me please?
Thank you!
kasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:04 PM   #5
Admiral

first off...welcome to the zoo.....2nd off....it would help to know where you are so that we can help a little easier...we're international here and sometimes the boats are modified for the european market....don't need the street address.....but your credit card for beer would be helpful.....just kidding...get your HIN number which can be found on the stbd stern of the boat...contact maxum or USMARINE..and they will tell you all you need about your pump...or.........contact bennett trim tabs..they know what they stuck on your size and model boat...
thier customer service is bar none some of the best....

:arr arr
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:19 PM   #6
Ensign

Thank you!
I live in Lake Arrowhead, California

kasey is offline   Reply With Quote