Old 04-30-2020, 11:46 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Default Trim Gauge, Ignition switch and horn replacements

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all staying well and safe during this difficult time.

Looking for some more advice please.. Hope to get the boat out of storage early next week and start doing some more work on it.. We are still in lockdown so will be doing as much as I can on land. Boat is a 2001 Maxum 1800SR.

Looking to replace the ignition switch, Faria kronos trim gauge and horn.

The ignition switch just fell apart on a day out on the water.. Luckily I had a screw driver handy... I took pictures before putting it into storage however I didnt measure the depth. Any one know which is the correct ignition switch for this model? (Pic of dash attached)

Next up we have the Faria trim gauge. I have no idea why the previous owner left this out when replacing all other gauges?. Trim never worked. Don't know if the dial is stuck or the sender from the outleg is broken. Thought replacing the gauge was the easiest.. I see two models online.. One with a white backing and a digital pin connector and a blue backing model. I think its the blue one I need? Faria Boat Trim Gauge GP7965A (blue back) or GBC121A (white back).

My horn also doesnt work.. I doubt its been replaced.. Anyone know where I can get one that will fit in the front compartment on the side of the bow?

Many thanks as always!
Stay safe
Attached Thumbnails
20191020_123031.jpg   20191019_171229.jpg   20191020_123151.jpg   20191020_122829.jpg  

fester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 01:23 AM   #2
Admiral

Any inboard ignition switch will work just need 3 terminals; B battery, I ignition and S start. Looking at the picture from behind it has slip on blade terminals so make sure the replace has the same. Regarding the trim gauge remove the sendor wire from it, it should read full up when the key is in the run position. Then ground the sendor terminal and it should read full down. If it fails these tests the gauge is bad.

mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 01:23 PM   #3

Defender.com or WestMarine.com for an internal horn.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote