Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-18-2019, 01:00 AM   #1
Ensign

Default Transducer issue

Hello Jason:
I also just joined. Purchased a 2000 Maxum 2400 in the fall of 2017. Been scouring what I could find on line about the depth sounder (it stopped working this year). So far no luck. Not even sure where it is located.

This is my first power boat, been a sailor for the last 15 years. Mechanical things on a sail boat are a lot easier to find and fix. Especially for those of us that are not mechanically inclined.

John

John J Cantwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 01:52 AM   #2
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalefish View Post
Hello everyone. My name is Jason and I own a 1997 Maxum 1700rs. We've had the boat for almost 2 years exactly. I'm hoping to get some mechanical questions answered here soon from the forum. Thanks!
Welcome aboard

Ask away.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 01:54 AM   #3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by John J Cantwell View Post
Hello Jason:
I also just joined. Purchased a 2000 Maxum 2400 in the fall of 2017. Been scouring what I could find on line about the depth sounder (it stopped working this year). So far no luck. Not even sure where it is located.

This is my first power boat, been a sailor for the last 15 years. Mechanical things on a sail boat are a lot easier to find and fix. Especially for those of us that are not mechanically inclined.

John
Welcome aboard

The transducer is in the engine compartment bonded to the hull, round puck. The bond line may have a fracture in it giving erratic reading or failed. Is the display lit and showing any numbers?

Mike
Old 07-18-2019, 01:41 AM   #4
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmwjr View Post
Welcome aboard

The transducer is in the engine compartment bonded to the hull, round puck. The bond line may have a fracture in it giving erratic reading or failed. Is the display lit and showing any numbers?
Hello:
Thanks for getting back to me. The screen is blank. I checked the fuse and it was good, but replaced it anyway. I will try to check the bonding when the weather cools down (100 degrees is in the forecast for this weekend). May be easier to just replace it if not too expensive.

Fortunately, the area I boat in has a mud or sand bottom, so grounding does not do any damage as long as I go slow in areas that I know are shallow.

John
John J Cantwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 01:56 AM   #5
Admiral

Typically when the transducer goes bad the display flashes however since yours is not showing anything the head unit may be bad and not the transducer.

Mike