Old 07-23-2015, 05:17 AM   #1
Ensign

Exclamation Maxum 2500 SCR Vacuflush Toilet Problem

Hi guys, I am completely new to boating, but loving it so far. I bought a 2003 MAxum 2500 SCR.
Obviously I forgot to tell the girls not to flush down toilet paper in a marine toilet, so they did.
So it filled up and it wouldn't flush. I am sure they kept pushing the flush button until the button stopped working completely.
I stopped at the fuel dock and pumped all the waste out and it apparently got everything out, but the electric flush button is still not working.
Any suggestions? I cant find the breaker or the switch for this.
Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions for this.
Thanks a lot for the help!

pjourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 11:18 AM   #2
Admiral

Welcome aboard

On your model I think there is a breaker at the helm for the head pump.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 12:51 PM   #3

Marine/RV toilet paper is fine for flushing in a marine/rv head, provided you're not tossing basketball sized wads down there. Residential TP is NOT recommended in a marine head system.

Fuse is a good place to start. Meter the pump and se if you get voltage when someone is pressing the button. They might have burnt the pump out.

Incidentally, if the blackage is in the line between the head and the tank, then pumping out the holding tank would not fix the problem. It would only empty the holding tank. You're going to need to make sure the initial blockage is removed from the system. (You're gonna need some rubber gloves )
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 04:25 PM   #4
Admiral

The rule in my boat is if you did not eat it or drink it, it does not go in the head.

I think you can use a garden hose to clear the blockage once you pull out what you can reach.
Phillbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:29 PM   #5
Ensign

Thanks for the help guys. I cant find the breaker underneath the instruments, where all of them are. I ve heard from other people behind the battery switch..... ? maybe? so this would mean underneath the outdoor sink and unscrew the battery switch to remove it and in there maybe? weird that they don't have this more on sight.
Any thoughts? Thanks!
pjourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:01 PM   #6
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjourdain View Post
Thanks for the help guys. I cant find the breaker underneath the instruments, where all of them are. I ve heard from other people behind the battery switch..... ? maybe? so this would mean underneath the outdoor sink and unscrew the battery switch to remove it and in there maybe? weird that they don't have this more on sight.
Any thoughts? Thanks!

fuses may be located there but not a breaker and a fuse there would be a main buss not a spefic item.

Can you verify 12V is at the switch to know if its a power problem or a burnt out pump like shrew suggests.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 01:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmwjr View Post

Can you verify 12V is at the switch to know if its a power problem or a burnt out pump like shrew suggests.
Agreed. I like to work from the device itself backwards. Start at the pump, then move to the switch, then back trace it to the fuse. This is a 2500, so I would suspect it's a fuse located on the 12v fuse bus which is more than likely underneath the dashboard.

That is just a hunch.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 04:12 AM   #8
Ensign

Hello PJourdain

I bought this boat from you in Nov 2015 and after sometime I had the same problem. The button is unresponsive. I push the button and I dont hear anything. Where did you find the fuses and did you end up replacing them?
t_ediz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 01:07 PM   #9
Lieutenant

Look for a 20-25amp fuse near the batteries.

dannyrayz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marine toilet, maxum 2500 scr, vacuflush