Old 10-15-2019, 11:46 AM   #1
Ensign

Default JBL Radio Memory

I'm a new owner of a 2006 Maxum 180 SR3 in Fermanagh Northern Ireland- does anyone know if the JBL radio memory can be maintained without leaving the main battery on? I've been looking for a manual for the JBL system without much success. Was hoping it might have the capacity to hold a small internal battery.

Francie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 12:00 PM   #2
Captain

You are correct to look for an internal battery. Also check for a yellow wire, usually yellow is the constant power wire. Red wire is switchable power and only comes on when bus receives power.
You also may want to contact jbl dot com for info and manuals on your particular radio.

jrsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 01:46 PM   #3

I've seen many boats where the constant wire is not wired directly to the battery. I suspect a little of it is DIY and not understanding what that wire is for, and some (like myself) don't want any direct draw off of the batteries.

For me, part of it is I know what channels are in my normal area. However, it's also a boat and it travels. I'm frequently not within range of my normal channels anyway. I also listen to a lot of Pandora and SiriusXM. manually switching channels isn't a big deal to me.

Heck I grew up having to get up, walk across the room and 'ka-chunk, ka-chunk' the dial to change the tv channel.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 03:08 PM   #4
Captain

I don't even use a head unit. I stream music and radio to a bluetooth amplifier. I filled the head unit slot with a row of USB and 12V charge ports and a LED voltage readout.
jrsick is offline   Reply With Quote