Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-26-2013, 07:04 PM   #1
Commander

Default Incredibly Bright Lighting

Hello all,
I am working on a deal to get some LED lights and thought I would ask if there are any other lighting nuts like myself that may be interested. There are several different sizes that I can get ranging from single round and square to 41 inch light bars. These lights are all LED and draw low amps. For instance, the big 41.5 inch bar puts out almost 18,000 lumens but only draws 17A at 12V. Prices are the best I have seen out there. PM me for specifics if you want more info.

Rich

rgreenwell8962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:43 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgreenwell8962 View Post
Hello all,
PM me for specifics if you want more info.

Rich
Please keep INFO in the forums, not IM. Otherwise it defeats the purpose of a forum.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:06 AM   #3
Commander

Will do Shrew. I hesitated even posting this because I did not want to appear to spamming out a sales call, but the deal I found on these lights through a friend were too good not to offer it out.

Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrew View Post
Please keep INFO in the forums, not IM. Otherwise it defeats the purpose of a forum.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:19 AM   #4
Lieutenant

Hey Rich,
I'm in the process of replacing the panels on my radar arch with plexi-glass replacements and I'm going to put some Blue LEDs inside (strips or rope-lights). nothing too crazy, as long as it glows a nice bright blue. Also, I just made a thread about underwater lighting - i'm going to put blue LEDs on my transom. I figured I ask if you got something along those lines?

- Joe
Old 03-06-2013, 05:16 AM   #5
Commander

Hi Joe,
No, these are spot and/or fog. Sounds like you have a fun project going on. I have been wanting to do some underwater lights, but have just listed my boat to sell. Maybe on the new (to me) one. Post plenty of pics please. WOuld love to see your work
Rich
Old 03-06-2013, 07:42 AM   #6
Lieutenant

haha will do, I saw some pictures online and now i need them lol. Once i figure out where I'm going to buy them from and placement and all i will upload plenty of pics to share the knowledge.

And thanks for reminding me, I usually end up on the boat till late at night and right now I've been using this Coleman spotlight that is a pain in the neck to hold and drive. i don't want to cut into my hull at all and that seems to be the only Spots/Floods i find online. I'd like to put one (maybe 2) lights on the stainless steel rails on my bow to serve almost like headlights on the water, I suppose i could drill a hole in the rail and run the wiring through that. I'm talking like serious lighting power that beams far ahead but im not sure if LEDs have that kind of power compared to halogens. Maybe you can help me in that department lol