Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-01-2020, 01:49 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Fuse panel

Hello
New to this forum, trying to find a picture of a fuse panel for 1990 Maxum 2500 scr...I stuck my hand under the dash to check fuses, and noticed wires disconnected, have no idea where they go
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Gibsonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 01:54 PM   #2

A picture probably won't do you much good, particularly for disconnected wires. It's a generic fuse bus. To identify what is connected, simply power everything on and then start pulling fuses one by one.

For things disconnected, that will be more tricky. these are either to legacy installations since removed, or things not working.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 03:29 PM   #3
Lt. Commander

Your 1990 is a model 2555 SCR. The wiring is the same as the 2755 SCR. Here's a pdf of the wiring which may assist somewhat -
Attached Files
File Type: pdf maxum 2755 wiring diagram-1.pdf (504.1 KB, 23 views)
jimq26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 12:35 PM   #4
Ensign

Thanks for the Help!
The actual reason I posted looking for a picture or diagram (thank you for the diagram), is my engine was running rough at launch this year, I checked the distributor cap, and noted that the gasket was breached, and moisture had gotten into the cap, I decided ( seeing that the engine is a 1990 5.7 mercrusier and probably has never been change) to do a tune up, new cap, rotor, coil, plugs and wires. Once every thing was done I fired up the engine, it ran for less than a second, and then stalled and now it just turns over, but will not fire at all...I took the new cap, rotor, and coil off, cleaned up the old parts and put them back on, as it started fine with the old parts, only thing left on engine new are the plugs and wires...still just turns over and does not start. I check fuses and there all good, my question is is there another fuse/electrical ignition box before the coil that I am missing?
Thank you again for all the help this forum provides!
Gibsonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 02:38 PM   #5
Captain

Could you have made an error when installing the new wires? Be sure to use the clockwise numbers stamped into the distributor. These are usually on the outer edge of the cap.
jrsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 04:57 PM   #6
Admiral

Connect a timing light to see if the cylinders are firing when you are trying to start. Do you have voltage on the small plus terminal of the ignition coil?

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 01:45 PM   #7

That problem won' be in the fuse bus. Did you toggle the engine kill switch? Even if it's in the on position (or appears to be) try turning it off and then back on again.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote