Old 05-15-2013, 09:45 PM   #1
Ensign

Default 3500 SCR Deck Lighting won't Work

Hi,

My exterior deck lights (even the ones on the radar arch) won't work. I found the switch in the cabinet beside the ice maker marked "Lights" and turning it on does nothing. Any advise?

grant23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:30 PM   #2
Lt. Commander

Hi Grant,
I have the same boat, the switch in that cabinet is for your engine compartment lights, the switch for the radar arch lights is where all the swiches are in front of your steering wheel, on mine it says courtesy light. also check the fuses! just to be sure that is not the issue. I replace mines with this ones, they are dual color white/blue, they are very bright and good quality much better than the ones that came with the boat....http://www.lumiteclighting.com/produ...-lights/mirage

rodrigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:33 PM   #3
Admiral

Know how to check a circuit? Use a Volt meter?

Check your fuse? If not know any electrians?

Have fun
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:20 AM   #4
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrigo View Post
Hi Grant,
I have the same boat, the switch in that cabinet is for your engine compartment lights, the switch for the radar arch lights is where all the swiches are in front of your steering wheel, on mine it says courtesy light. also check the fuses! just to be sure that is not the issue. I replace mines with this ones, they are dual color white/blue, they are very bright and good quality much better than the ones that came with the boat....http://www.lumiteclighting.com/produ...-lights/mirage
Rodrigo, without hi-jacking the thread did they fit straight in the exisiting spot or did you need to re-size
Huddo007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:50 AM   #5
Ensign

Thanks a bunch...I will do that!
Old 05-16-2013, 01:16 PM   #6

These fit into the existing screw hole pattern and size perfectly in my arch without needing to redrill/resize anything. I bought them from this place, though I only paid about $75.00 US each at the time.

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?...439&id=1247065

Yep, the thread is officially hijacked. Nice Moderation we have around here. LOL

Grant,

Ditto on the Courtesy lights at the helm. If the lights don't light, then I would start at the switch on the helm. It should go from the 12v panel where you'll find an ATC fuse, to the switch, then to the circuit for the courtesy lights. The ground will be common on the bus, so trace the positive from the courtesy switch back to the panel and pull the fuse to make sure it's not blown. If it is replace it. If it's not, then I would test the power going into the courtesy light switch. If there is power going into the switch, check the other side to make sure there is power coming out of the switch. If not, it is the switch itself. This can sometimes happen. If there is power coming out of the switch, then the problem is further downstream. The next stop is to pull the first light in the circuit and see if it is getting power. If not, then the problem is between the switch and that light.

I hope this helps.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:51 PM   #7
Ensign

Hi,

The 12v panel just has a bunch of "rubber" bubbles and red push buttons on it and I don't see any place where an ATC fuse would go. Are the ATC Fuses behind the panel?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
photo-4.JPG  
Old 05-17-2013, 07:23 PM   #8

That is much different than my panel. i'll defer to someone with a panel like that. Disregard the ATC comment. However, I
would bet from the image, the one you want is the one labelled CTSY LIGHTS.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:46 PM   #9
Admiral

grant,
it looks like you don't have fuses but circuit breakers.
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/CAR...130517203916:s

They do the same function but are resetable instead of needing to be replaced. If tripped the button in the middle will stick out. I would think the lights in the arch would be part of the courtesy set. Do you have a switch marked courtesy at the helm. If so do any lights come on when turning the switch on? If not I would remove the panel with that switch and use a volt meter with the black led of the meter connected to a ground (black wire behind the panel, touch the red meter led to both terminals of he switch, should get 12 volts at both locations with switch in the on position. If no 12 volts either place need to trace back toh panel you show in picture and determine which breaker is tripped or bad.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:57 AM   #10
Lt. Commander

Huddo,
yes they fit! they are really well made and the light is very bright and nice, also if you turn them off and back on they turn on as blue! they look really nice not like the ones that come with the boat!

rodrigo is offline   Reply With Quote