Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-04-2020, 08:15 PM   #1
Ensign

Default 2004 2500se toilet problem

I recently replaced my Jabsco motor and mascerator due to an intermittent problem with flushing the toilet. No luck. No power to the toilet detected with a volt meter. The old motor was seizing and very rusty and intermittently spun but I think it may have blown a fuse prior to replacement. I've tested the new motor and it is fine. I checked the breakers under the dash and all is well there. Is there an inline fuse somewhere that could be the issue? Thank you for any advice you can offer my friends.
Mike

malberts987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 09:48 PM   #2
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by malberts987 View Post
I recently replaced my Jabsco motor and mascerator due to an intermittent problem with flushing the toilet. No luck. No power to the toilet detected with a volt meter. The old motor was seizing and very rusty and intermittently spun but I think it may have blown a fuse prior to replacement. I've tested the new motor and it is fine. I checked the breakers under the dash and all is well there. Is there an inline fuse somewhere that could be the issue? Thank you for any advice you can offer my friends.
Mike
I've looked through the threads and I'm fairly certain that the bad motor has blown a fuse. From what I've learned so far the fuse is either in back of the battery switch. (My battery switch is in the cabinet at the rear of the boat. Does this panel need to be removed to access?) Or it could be in the bilge bay near the battery charger. Does anyone know for certain? 2004 se 2500. Thank you!

Old 05-05-2020, 12:38 PM   #3

Fuses are typically as close to the power supply as possible. Since this is a 12v pump, it would be either directly wired to the battery and a few inches from there, or into the 12V bus, which would have it's own fuse. The fuse protects the wire, not the device.

Get a volt-meter and test the circuit, then start tracing it back to the source (e.g. 12v bus or battery).
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 04:59 PM   #4
Ensign

Default Thanks Shrew

I'll head up and take a peek today. I appreciate the feedback.
Mike