Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-13-2020, 12:52 AM   #1
Ensign

Default New Owner 1998 Maxum 2300 SC

Hello everyone. Thanks for adding me. I can’t say we are new owners (bought this boat 10 years ago: 1998 Maxum 2300 SC with Chevy 454 Bravo 3 outdrive We put it in storage after the test run. Finally talked my husband into taking it out). Crazy I know but we were busy getting married, working, etc. Well I’ve retired and want to get out on the water. We took it out of storage this weekend, cleaned, polished and scrubbed and it looks great. However, when we tried to get it running it started but the water would not pump with the muffs on. Husband thinks we may need the impella replaced. Questions: 1. does anyone know where I can obtain an owners manual for this model. 2 also, does anyone known if this boat has an impella In the lower unit or just in the upper motor. Thanks so much n

General Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 04:43 AM   #2
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Jax View Post
Hello everyone. Thanks for adding me. I can’t say we are new owners (bought this boat 10 years ago: 1998 Maxum 2300 SC with Chevy 454 Bravo 3 outdrive We put it in storage after the test run. Finally talked my husband into taking it out). Crazy I know but we were busy getting married, working, etc. Well I’ve retired and want to get out on the water. We took it out of storage this weekend, cleaned, polished and scrubbed and it looks great. However, when we tried to get it running it started but the water would not pump with the muffs on. Husband thinks we may need the impella replaced. Questions: 1. does anyone know where I can obtain an owners manual for this model. 2 also, does anyone known if this boat has an impella In the lower unit or just in the upper motor. Thanks so much n
The manuals for the engine and drive can be found under Documents of this site. Being a Bravo the raw water pump is mounted to the starboard side of the engine.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 05:39 PM   #3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Jax View Post
If i read it right and the boat has been in storage for 10 years it needs more than just an impeller. A full tune up and inspection of the bellows etc is in order.
Phillbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 09:45 AM   #4
Ensign

Default Owners manual

I’m new to the forum and just purchased a 1998 2300 SC with the 5.7 MerCruiser. I read the post on where to find the manual under the document tab, but I can’t seem to locate it from my iPhone. Should I look from my laptop?
Seabreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 11:29 AM   #5
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreeze View Post
I’m new to the forum and just purchased a 1998 2300 SC with the 5.7 MerCruiser. I read the post on where to find the manual under the document tab, but I can’t seem to locate it from my iPhone. Should I look from my laptop?
What can’t you find? The Documents tab which is at the top of the WEB page or the manual? If the manual which one are you looking for, boat, engine, outdrive?

Mike
Old 09-30-2021, 07:39 PM   #6
Ensign

All of the above 😁. I’m sorry I would like all manuals on the 1998 2300 SC, with the 5.7 Mercury and Alpha one drive. But I can’t find the “Document “ tab at the top of the webpage. I see a menu, but when I open it there is no document tab.
Old 09-30-2021, 07:44 PM   #7
Ensign

Now I see it! There is an option to view full website!
Sorry, you have to forgive newbies��
Old 10-01-2021, 12:03 AM   #8
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreeze View Post
Now I see it! There is an option to view full website!
Sorry, you have to forgive newbies��
The Mercruiser manuals are the most helpful. Glad you found it and don’t worry many have trouble locating the Documents tab.

Mike