Old 09-01-2019, 04:31 PM   #1
Ensign

Default New 1999 2300SC owner

Hi folks,
My wife and I just purchased a 1999 2300SC. Quite the upgrade from the little Bayliner 1950 Capri Classic. I am trying to go over it and fix its ills. My first mission is to try and locate the fuse/breaker panel. I have looked in the most common locations, but to no avail. Some help with the location of said fuse/breaker panel would be greatly appreciated!

Among the issues we're having is the fresh water pump and refrigerator aren't working, and it's missing the compass and the alcohol stove. Other than those small issues we love the boat. Any help sourcing those components or solving those problems will also be greatly appreciated.

The trailer is another issue. It's too short in my opinion - 25'. Anyone know of a good used 27' 6,000-7500lb aluminum tandem trailer with disc surge brakes within a couple hundred miles of 41701?

dlowery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 06:58 PM   #2
Admiral

Not fimilar with this model but the fuse panel should be under the helm. Is there a access door there?

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 07:29 PM   #3
Ensign

MMWJR,
Thanks for the reply. As far as under the helm the only thing I see is the gauges and switches. There are two access panels on the wall adjacent to the helm in the toilet cubby. One next to the floor (stripped screw heads) and one at the top under the tachometer and speedo. I'm going to try those next and see if anything is there. If in fact it is under one of those panels I am going to put a hinge and closure on it for easy access.
Old 02-11-2020, 06:11 PM   #4
Ensign

You may have solved this by now but in case you haven't...
I have a 1997 2300SC. The fuse pannel for that is behind the dash. Lie on the floor and look up behind the dash where the ignition switch is. There should be about ten fuses fed from the main (domestic) positive supply as well as a set of earth/ground/negative connectors.
MelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 06:15 PM   #5
Ensign

You may have sorted this by now but in case you haven't...
I have a 1997 2300SC. The fuse panel is behind the dash. Lie on the flooor and look up behind the dash near the ignition switch. You should see the fuse pannel with about ten fuses fed from the main positive supply as well as a setof connectors of the negative.
MelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 08:09 PM   #6
Ensign

Thanks for the response MelA! I was able to locate the small fuse block under the dash. I had it in my head that it would be larger and with more fuses (automotive thinking - fuse for everything). I would like to convert to a breaker panel, just haven't gotten around to it due to moving across the country.
Would you happen to know of a good source for parts? I would like to get the boat back to OEM (with a few upgrades) with the alcohol burner and a decent fridge. Also, after my original post I realized that I also need a steering cable. From a quick glance, it looks like that could be a difficult job.

Thanks!
Old 02-12-2020, 02:38 PM   #7

Breakers are going to introduce a space issue. There is nothing wrong with ATC fuses. Keep a few of each size on hand just in case. They are so small, storage shouldn't be an issue. the fuse bus typically has spare slots anyway. There isn't much benefit to upgrade to breakers. A breaker is just a reset-able fuse.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breaker panel, fresh water pump, fuse panel, trailer