Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Community > Welcome Mat | New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-17-2020, 03:35 PM   #1
Ensign

Talking Confessions of a 1900 SRL owner...

Hi everyone - I've owned my boat for a while (must be at least 15 years now), but have a confession to make...

It's sat in the back yard, neglected and unused, for the past 12 or so years. (Yes, you read that right. ) A little something called "work" always seemed to get in the way - with either travel assignments, or other tasks that required long weeks and weekend duty. It was a beautiful 1900 SRL when I first purchased it from its previous owner, with only around 40 hours of use. She's still beautiful today - but with the clean-up work required, well... let's just say it's more "inner beauty" and potential at the moment.

I moved out to a lake in Northeast Ohio late last year from Virginia, finally able to escape the 'burbs and get back to a rural environment that's more conducive to enjoying life and the water. So now I've started spending weekends cleaning up the boat and getting her ready to use. That's how I found you all. You look like a great group of people - friendly, knowledgeable, helpful, and interesting - and I'm glad to have jointed the site.

As things progress with getting my boat ready and making some improvements to her (ski tower, lighting, audio upgrades, etc.), I'm sure I'm going to have plenty of questions. Hopefully I'll also have (or gain) some knowledge that I can share as well.

OhioLakeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 04:20 PM   #2
Admiral

12 year old gas is going to be nasty. Drain it all out, full tune up, new fuel and a bottle of Stahbil Marine.... Post pics when you get it back on the water.

Phillbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 04:36 PM   #3
Admiral

Glad you’re in a better place in you life now, ask away.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote