Old 02-22-2017, 01:29 AM   #1
Ensign

Default 1995 3200 scr

Hey everybody, glad to see all the good info here.
Bought our 3200 after boat sat in river for the last 6 years. PO had health issues. Been a hell of a project, me and murphy are on first name basis.
love the boat, its my third cruiser so not a virgin but always in need of some kind of advice.
Found lots of good info here, Actually have the boat up and running, took it out a few times last year, this year is devoted to making all the cabin systems work.

mrclean426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 02:40 AM   #2
Admiral

Welcome aboard

With a boat of that age and been sitting I would replace the bellows, gimbal bearing, and lower shift cable on each drive. Also check for play in steering of the swivel shaft which is a know issue with age.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:19 PM   #3
Captain

Welcome. I bought a 94 3200 in October 2015 that sat shrink wrapped in the water for three years, so I know the work you must have done!
speedysprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 01:16 AM   #4
Ensign

I've got to haul it out this year for all that plus I want to reseal, clean and repaint the drives. Lots of work to do yet. We are actually looking for a trailer now too.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:44 PM   #5
Ensign

You know, I knew what I was getting into mechanically and electrically, not a huge problem because I do most of it myself (sweat equity) but what's hurt the wallet the most is the Upholstry both seats and new top, that exceeded my dollar expectations by a bunch. I got the boat for 13k and figured I was getting a great deal but that's recently become only an OK deal. Not getting much for my sweat out of this one except a thorough knowledge of the boat which is actually a good thing, but wish I would have stuck to my guns at ten. New top alone was 4k to have it done right and last bid for deck Upholstry was 3500 to duplicate exact factory design. Hedid say could save some $$ by simplifying the seat design.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:50 PM   #6
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrclean426 View Post
You know, I knew what I was getting into mechanically and electrically, not a huge problem because I do most of it myself (sweat equity) but what's hurt the wallet the most is the Upholstry both seats and new top, that exceeded my dollar expectations by a bunch. I got the boat for 13k and figured I was getting a great deal but that's recently become only an OK deal. Not getting much for my sweat out of this one except a thorough knowledge of the boat which is actually a good thing, but wish I would have stuck to my guns at ten. New top alone was 4k to have it done right and last bid for deck Upholstry was 3500 to duplicate exact factory design. Hedid say could save some $$ by simplifying the seat design.

Nothing cheap about B.O.A.T, Break Out Another Thousand

Frankly I feel you are doing great with those costs.

Mike
Old 03-12-2017, 07:51 PM   #7
Ensign

Scheduled to come out next month and have all services on outdrives including bellows, gimbal bearings, u joints, shift cables and all seals inspected and/or replaced and drives serviced, cleaned and painted along with new props if needed. That will give me great piece of mind as this winter a very small but new leak appeared in engine compartment.
Not serious but couple gallons a week.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:58 PM   #8
Ensign

I'm not disappointed with where I'm at. Will be at about 4000 in mechanical and electrical when done, (including the work with the outdrives next month) like I said I do most of my own work and there ended up being a lot more than I anticipated but I'm still in very good shape with all that. It's the near 7k for the upholstery that is eating up my great deal very fast. Would be great if I had learned Upholstry work in my younger days, could have saved thousands there
Old 03-12-2017, 08:05 PM   #9
Admiral

Understood

Upholstery work requires a industrial sewing machine plus the knowledge. The 3200 is a good size boat so lots of seats. Enjoy the up coming season.

Mike
Old 03-13-2017, 11:49 AM   #10
Captain

I paid 8k for my 94 3200 and spent about 3 redoing everything the the drives and the bottom my first winter and then maybe $1500 doing one new engine with year.
I was disappointed when geico told me blue book value on the boat is only 14k...

speedysprocket is offline   Reply With Quote